HPI Mileage Discrepancy on the car I just put a deposit on

Very odd - the HPI check I got for the 2007 NC I have just put a deposit on with a dealer says a possible NR mileage discrepancy. I am convinced it’s an error as everything else checks out, and the milage rockets from 17k to 50k in 2010 and drops back to 22k 2011. This is not reflected in the MOT records, or any other records. 2 owners, one from 2007-2009, then second until now.

Any ideas? It’s a nice car and I want it. Should I be worried?

Cheers,
Nigel

Maybe a typo? Should’ve been 20,000 not 50,000? That would put it fairly evenly between the 17,000 and the 22,000?

1 Like

Sorry, I should have double checked, NMR actually shows 68,996 when the MOT around the same time is . The NMR data is weird and does not match the MOT mileage.

10/09/2010 NMR 15,037. MOT 18,117
12/09/2011 NMR 68,996. MOT 22,370
10/092012 NMR 28,192. MOT 26,071

It looks like this underneath, bodywork and interior in very good condition, current mileage just under 60k.

The 2011 NMR mileage seems totally out of sync. with the MOT figures and even their own for 2010 and 2012. I’d think it was an error, and if everything else looks OK, treat it as an anomaly and forget it!

2 Likes

Thanks for that, I was thinking the same but I’m a novice buyer and worry about stuff like this.

1 Like

Someone dyslexic at NMR.

Much like the young lady at KwikFit who did my aircon, writing 42300 instead of 32400 on the receipt.

I often do it myself when typing, dead easy to miss when in a hurry.

2 Likes

Agree with the comments above I had something similar flagged up when I sold one of my cars and they put it down to someone inputting incorrect information onto the database. They didn’t appear overly concerned and still bought the car

1 Like

I suspect the 6 should be 1

Look up the MOT history of AD09WOY to see errors are quite common.

1 Like

I have had an MOT station input an incorrect mileage against my car. Unfortunately not noticed until the following year’s test.

1 Like

Good lord! Thank you.

Given all your responses I am no longer worried! Cheers!

2 Likes

Check the service record, that will confirm the mileage

1 Like

Hi and welcome. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Maybe like one of my 2003’s the little computer that controls the tach, speedo etc packed up & had to be changed for a second hand one, the computer is inside the odometer so when you change it, the mileage is different. The maybe some time later they found another odometer that had a nearer to the correct mileage & replaced it? Just a thought.

1 Like