I bought a Mk2 Euphonic MX5 RG04 EGJ

That looks really tidy, always really wanted a red one and that looks like it’s been owned by an enthusiast.

FWIW, I think the NB is the best looking MX5 and I loved mine, but they’re just a bit harder work to drive and noisier than the NC

Just read the thread - oops! - I’ve got a 2.0 Icon and it’s a lovely car - waxoyled from (nearly) new too!

Feel free to name the dealer, that kind of bad practice should be highlighted as a warning to others.

I will once I get my money back! I took some pics and videos of the damages so will do a yt video on his shop because it seems like common practice for the person.

They don’t have google reviews etc so kind of hard to find info on them. It’s all appointment only, even their website doesn’t show the address.

1 Like

It’s actually a really beautiful color, velocity red, has a lot of metallic flakes in the paint and it looks like a golden/bronze color when the sun hits it.

As long as the NC is fun I will be happy. That NB handled very well on the Mesiter R coilovers, gutted it’s rotted.

Take the coilovers off , I’ll slip them on mine :wink::wink::wink::wink:

2 Likes

You can do a straight swap with the cars if you want and then you get the coilovers for free!

That’s very nice. Much nicer wheels than my standard MGZR hairpin looking wheels I have.

1 Like

The beauty of the NB is that it looks like a baby RX7 and the RX7 is one of the best looking cars ever made in my opinion.

With a few little tweaks the NC look very nice to.

This is really gutting reading all this, fingers crossed you get your money back! Looked a lovely car as well… hindsight is a wonderful thing but from what has been described above, it defo sounds like that’s been tarted up to sell it on. Very dissapointing!

So I took the little Mx5 back to the dealer and got £2250 back, which is not perfect but I am just happy to get away from the car and the seller. A loss of £150.

He did not want to come and look at the car until I got a bit irate with him, after he claimed the mechanic I used put the holes in the sills as some sort of sabotage just to get a return :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The guy is hard work and acted like I never bothered to contact him about the issue or sent emails with the invoice for the check up I had done where it said “Sills rotted, structural MOT failure”

He did offer to have the shop nextdoor repair it but I’ve had enough of him and that mx5 so declined.

What’s worse than someone building dodgy cars is someone building dodgy cars who gets caught and still can’t admit to their deceit.

I feel sorry for the people who spend £10k+ and had his cars shipped across Europe to their home countries. I found a few reviews here - https://www.cardealerreviews.co.uk/dealership/croydon-classics-warlingham-surrey-england

The place is called Croydon Classics it’s in Warlingham, Surrey, CR6.
James Barton is the dealer.
I would not recommend using them.

After I got the money back, he said to me “I hope your not going to leave a negative review” he should have thought about that when he was ignoring my phone calls and fobbing me off.

REG, so you can avoid it in the future.

6 Likes

Well done :+1:t3:
I think you’ve done well to get most of your money back :moneybag:
The dealer sounds real dodgy so he should be named, good on ya :red_car::red_car::red_car::red_car:

2 Likes

Good result, move on…

Hope you manage to find a better one before long :+1:

Don’t know where your based, but have a look at this, for sale in Colchester ( on Autotrader ) £2,650. Very nice car. Reliable local car dealer.![image|666x500](upload://pcgNAr1O7DAB8AhnbU2BXePQbvX.jpeg)

Do like the Artic edition.

I did look at this add as I’m also looking for a new car, slightly concerned by the last two pictures on the advert.

Not sure what the problem is? Although haven’t seen car in the flesh.

Thanks but I’m going to look out for a nice 3.5 with the HT.

I was offered a 2004 sport on 50k for 1500. It needs rear sills which I was tempted with. I did test drive but didn’t like the 6 speed as much as the 5 speed in the car I had. The 6 speed felt a bit clunky at the shifter end, not as refined in its throw.

Glad you got (most) of your money back. There must be better cars out there.
There is (was?) a nice looking Blue Nevada for sale on here for £2,100. Club member so should be a decent car.
Good luck!

The scamartist has put the car back up for sale - http://croydonclassics.com/listings/mazda-mx5-2004-limited-edition/

“In excellent condition throughout! Stunning paintwork and lovely leather interior”

:frowning_face:

The new price would suggest it is now also a rapidly appreciating “classic”.

2 Likes

Given the holes the OP exposed, then some very quick bodging must have taken place to disguise them. Local Trading Standards may be interested in this story.

JS

1 Like