I’m alive n Well…. Been in hospital

As many of you guys know or worked out. I suffer greatly with mental health. That’s no stranger.
But Over the last month! Ive been horribly sick with viral
Meningitis …… haven’t been able to drive let alone walk…
Slowly getting back into it as I miss my 5.
Hope everyone is having an awesome time. :blush:

12 Likes

Sounds horrible, glad you’re on the mend!

1 Like

Really horrible…. It really took me and knocked me sideways. I still haven’t got full feeling in my legs.

Hopefully your over the worst ?

1 Like

Here’s to a full and speedy recovery - stay strong! :heart:

1 Like

Hey Amber, good to hear you’re around again.
Baby steps and be kind to yourself :v:

2 Likes

I hope you have a speedy recovery Amber. Warm thoughts and vibes. I hope you getting better.

1 Like

Hi Amber, sorry to hear you’ve been unwell but glad that you’re on the mend now.
You’re -5 will be there when you’re well enough, just in time for the good weather. :+1:
Nice to have you back.
Cheers,
Guy

2 Likes

Hiya

Welcome Back :+1:

In 2003 I Caught the ‘Flu’ From a Work Colleague …It Knocked Me For Six for Several Weeks…It Attacked My Whole Body System…And I Never Really Recovered From the After Effects

DOH…Benefit of Hindsight [SARS Was About…But Unlike Today with COVID]
We Didn’t Know

Anyway…Re Mental Health…‘Been There, Done That, Worn the T-Shirt’ as They Say

Also Have Professional Level Knowledge/Research

[So…Maybe Able to Afford Support…But This Should Be Private via PM]

Here If U Need Me

But Perhaps Meanwhile Look at

Stress
Locus of Control
Maslow Hierarchy of Needs

Kindest From Me & Bullit :smiley:

Remember You Are Intelligent & Articulate & Talented

Evidenced By Your Ownership of an MX5 for Starters :grin: :grin:

5 Likes

Been so poorly…. Like for some reason it’s really attacked my body and I can’t really walk far or at all tbh. I’m not in pain… I just feel weak, like my legs don’t belong to me!
It’s the weirdest feeling…. I’m pretty sure I’m over the worst of it as I can make food and shower, I couldn’t before…
still classed as a fall risk so I’m glad I live in a bungalow lol.

Thanks for all the kinds words… need some strength back as I got some mods to do to the car! But alas… one step at a time.

7 Likes

Great offer of help from @Bullit2005 via PM. Top man. :grinning:

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Great that this forum is somewhere we can share both the good times and the bad times.

2 Likes

Really appreciate this… it’s a hard one for me as I’m so out of touch with reality at the moment… and considering I live alone I struggle even more so….

6 Likes

Hey Amber… Was thinking about you the other day. Sorry to hear you’ve been so poorly - You and me both cope will mental illness, so hoping you in a reasonable place right now…
I live alone too, but for me, I live happier with stretches of boredom than hassle from others…!
Thankfully the days are drawing out and it’s slowly getting warmer, so MX-5ing will be a welcome release I’m sure… Good to have you back Amber…!

Rob

4 Likes

Nine people have replied so far. You are never alone. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi Again

Brill Response From Members :+1: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Nothing Worse than Being Home Alone When Poorly :face_vomiting:

I Also Live Alone in a Bungalow and If Memory Serves Me Correct We Are Not That Far Away From Each Other ?

Have PM’ed You My Post Code

Bullit Would Welcome a ‘Run Out’

It’s OK To Ask For Help When You Need It :+1:

It’s Not a Sign Of Weakness :smiley:

4 Likes

Couldn’t Have Said It Better Myself :hugs:

[Haven’t Forgotten Your Guidance re Starting a Thread…Just Had to Deal With Other More Pressing Matters…‘Work Before Pleasure’ was How I Was Raised…Darn It :weary:]

2 Likes

Well Said :+1:

Especially Liked Your Reference to…‘Hassle From Others’

But There is a Difference Between ‘Mental Illness’ and ‘Mental Health’ Issues

Most of Us Suffer From the Latter

In Other Words…We’re Probably Not as Crazy as We Think We Are :exploding_head: :crazy_face:

The Research Points to ‘Self Awareness’

The Trully Mentally Ill Don’t Have This Insight

3 Likes

I suffer quite badly with bouts of it… I try hard to correct certain situations, mental stimuli and sleep routine etc.
I read up on a lot of stuff and activity try and pursue these techniques to better myself… I’ve lost a ton of weight from the stress!
My doc has put me on some tablets and one of side effects is over eating … so let’s hope I get bigger as I cannot afford to loose much more!! I’ve always been small mind, but seriously lacking the curves lol

I’m PM…ing U My Personal Phone Number

Because You’ve Not Responded To My Personal Message

RING ME AND RING ME NOW

2 Likes

Oh but I did reply … maybe it hasn’t gone through