I went on the track at Mallory and this happened ! * post up your stories here *

Thanks Nick, it does all makes sense I guess but still seems odd, whatever the reasons, when the strict convention for track days, so far as my experience goes is always “overtake on the left” Mallory choose to be different. I’m sure a lot of the arguments for overtaking on the other side could well be applied to lots of circuits.<o:p></o:p>

And as stated before entry to the pit where the car on the right could either be one that’s speeding up to overtake, or one trying to slow to get in the pit didn’t make any sense to me and did cause me concerns when pitting… I missed it completely on one occasion as I was keeping left for the faster cars to pass on the right and could not get across.

<o:p> </o:p>

Anyway, all said and done it’s a great little track, and it was a fab day…

There are other circuites that over take on the right, equally there are circuits with pits on the left, Cadwell being one of them.

Think of it as part of an advanced driving test [:)]

Yeah; mirror, signal, manoeuvre…

All it took was a bit of mental adjustment…

Their was a wide variety of experience and competency on cicuit.

I think with such a large turnover of cars (especially in the Afternoon)

It all went very well.

And If the worst gripe is that occasionally people forgot what side thay should move to…then thats nothing to wory about

Alan

I’m just glad that after the DriftWorks demo everybody didn’t start handbraking 50 metres before the corners…

When my car starts to drift it leaves more than skidmarks on the road…!

I should have got used to it by now, but I hate that feeling.

You must be made of sterner stuff.

Alan

It’s a shame they didn’t go out at 8am - they rubbered-in the track nicely :wink:

I had a great morning and met some great folks. Car did like the Nurburgring and overheated when giving some welly but ok when backed off a bit. So I was probably the one causing backlog and getting in the way. No apologies, I did my best with a sick car.  [::(] New rad or head gasket to be sorted! Going through Gerrards at 80+ was errr exciting [:|] and the only real bunching that rattled me was at the bends before the hairpin. But equally taught me a great deal in a short space of time how you need to eyes up your harris when driving with like minded folk on the limit.

Regarding driving behaviour witnessed a bit of bullying on the track from the faster cars however everyone was there to exploit the best from their machinery in a safe environment. And as there were so few accidents considering the varying levels of experience and compentancy would indicate that more care was given than mentioned as no ones wants to damage theirs or anyones pride and joy intentionally through poor driving and ettiquette… Hope all involved are ok.

Nick, Al and team did a fab job of organising the event and spoke to many that had attended previous rallys that said they had more or less gotten bored of the event until this year. A true compliment.

So what will next year bring guys? Will it be based on a track again? Hope so…

Phil…

When the back feels like it might come round it is scary, when you know it definitely will come round you expect it and plan for it - so it’s not scary.

I find understeer much more unsettling - I need those front tyres for steering and braking…

To some extent I partley agree with your comments Danny but as it has been stated in other posts the “rules” for passing were completely different to other tracks so therefor the experienced guys found it difficult to adapt for a while, the guys who were on track for the first time probabley found it easier as they didn,t know any different. I  do agree with you on the quicker guys antics as regards passing though, I got a few suprises as I was about to turn in for a corner only to find someone on my right!!. But hey ho it made me use my mirrors more and I think that  a lot of people took advantage of the the more or less free for all as regards the rules, I must admit that on a couple of occasions I took a chance when up behind slower cars, if it had been Oulton or Snetterton I think half the field would have been called in!! I also agree re the licence checking was non exsistent as was the sound check, Apart from that I think everyone had a great time I know I certainley did.