If your MX-5 is a 2nd car -what’s your first ?

Thought it might be interesting.

So if your MX-5 is a second car what’s your first ?

I’ll start off , Jaguar e-pace p300 R dynamic .

‘Appreciate that for some your MX-5 May be your only car. 

Skoda Octavia. Also have four motorbikes. Petrol head? Moi?

Jaguar XE RSport.

BMW 330 Ci SE

Peugeot 806 with 275 k on the clock, that earns my living to pay for the luxury of a second car. 

VW Golf Match TSi

I have a Liege, now with a 993 cc Suzuki engine. Home built by myself, SVA’d in 2002 and on the road since then. A car which is an ongoing project mainly because I keep re-designing parts of it.

We bought an MX-5 because my wife really doesn’t like the fact that a Liege doesn’t have side screens or a rear windscreen.

My daily driver is now a little Fiat Panda (recently downsized from my BMW 330D).

Old Jaagwar XJ8 Sport Premium with 3 working doors.

A company van that can easily do 300 miles a day.
A Suzuki Jimny for knocking about in.
Any serious private mileage i have access to my youngest Son’s Honda Civic Type R.

I have a Volvo XC 70, see below, which I thought was my ideal car until I bought the MX5.

Now I believe I have the perfect pair for my every delight and need.

The Rav 4 for Winter (previously a Jimny) and the 5 for Summer

also means I can take the 5 and a ton of camping gear

A Yeti 4x4 170bhp TDI - the perfect car for all of my purposes except having fun behind the wheel . But , on winter tyres especially , it devours bumpy , steep and rocky farm and forest tracks and romps up slippery river flood-banks . It cruises all day at a number beginning with an ‘8’, and at 45-50 mpg too, and it humiliates tailgaters by accelerating indecently fast for a little SUV

Toyota RAV4 and Audi RS6.

We’re proper Mazdaphiles it must be said.

Ever since my wife got her first company car back in 2005, a brand new (at the time) Mazda 6 TS2, we have been very impressed with the marque.  And despite learning about the many snags / problems with Mazda ownership since being a member on here, we still consider them as very good cars.

Consequently, apart from our 2008 2.0L Sport Roadster Coupe, we also have a 2016 Mazda 3 automatic for ‘normal’, everyday use.

Suzuki Vitara SZ5 Allgrip in wifee pretty orange gold.

BMW e46 325i Touring, Land Rover Discovery 3 and a Singer Chamois.

The Land Rover sometimes goes as long as 9 months without developing a fault! 

Simon.

A Jaguar F-Pace for when the going gets tough, a Jaguar XK8 Coupe for when we want to have fun but Jayne doesn’t want her hair ruffled in the MX5, and a Morris Minor Traveller.

I just traded my BMW X5 for a new Vitara SZ5, but wasn’t allowed the gold colour so had to make do with silver grey.  I have to say that I don’t particularly miss the 3 litre straight 6 compared to the 1.4 Boosterjet engine, particularly in Sport mode.

SWMBO is on her umpteenth Mazda 6, having bought a new one around the same time.  The interior has been refreshed and looks good and the holographic HUD is much improved over the plastic flip up version