Insurance advice

Any over-80s out there had new insurance quotes  recently? Seems AF don’t want senior citizens even with clean sheets!

HI i use footman james mx5 1.8 mk3 2006 reg £350 all in inc keep if a write off.

Ishould of added I’M 84

Try mainstream insurers, sometimes recommended club insurance or companies like Saga ain’t all they are cracked up to be for us senior folk (I’m only 65 btw)

I like Admiral at the moment, it may be another company come November renewal. Go on one or two compare sites get a decent good price then give them a call, Admiral even beat their own compare site quote after a short chat with them.

I’m touching 76 yoa and I’m with Direct Line.  Worth giving them a ring.

For a youngster like me (62) Quote Me Happy work pretty well. It’s the online arm of Aviva so not a fly by night company.

P.S. Always fills me with joy to hear people 20 years older than me are still enjoying their 5s.

Hi, You could try Invicta Insurance Services on 01732 471950. They insure several of my older friends on their classic cars. Cheers, Steve

I would like to thank all those who supplied helpful advice about finding suitable alternative insurance to the “Preferred”?? companies. I have found an alternative much cheaper and will not be renewing with the present “discounted”?? company. Years of loyalty do not pay obviously!

Agree with Roadie - I’m a similar age (61) and my MX5 insured with ‘Quote me happy’ is under £200. 

Appreciate that you have now got it sorted Alf but this sort of info is always useful to keep on file and I renewed with Onecall Insurance in June for £161. That’s fully comp and includes legal and breakdown. Restricted mileage of 3000 but not sure that made too much difference. I’m 77.

82 years old, thoroughly enjoying MX-5 NC3.5 2L and country lanes.

Recently moved from Tesco to Lancaster £359 2000 miles p.a.

One Call quote was £182 but as I had never heard of them I didn’t trust it.

Has anyone had experience of their claims record.

Fair comment as I had not heard of them either and you’re right. I have no experience concerning claims. Checked them out before buying though and they have been operating in the UK since 1995 and now have over half a million customers. Most comforting for me was the fact that the actual cover is underwritten by Ageas, a well-known quoted Belgian group, who I suspect are the underwriters for quite a few household name companies. I’ve never made a motor insurance claim so decided it was a small risk worth taking.