INSURANCE companies strike again

Thats pretty good Mick :+1: I’m dreading ours coming in. Earlier this year, my wife was in an accident, writing off her car. We duly got paid out and bought another. Mid policy so no increase etc. She was on a roundabout near home, one of those with a road running through the middle. Other driver failed to stop or give way and smashed the front of our car more or less off. Anyway, banged to rights, or so we thought. Now our insurance are putting a County Court claim in to the other party as they say it was 50/50. I font think it will be sorted before renewal so I’m expecting a hike in premium, that car and the 5 are insured by me with Mrs B as named driver.

Barrie

1 Like

The Estate I moved to was expanding rapidly and after a few years the Post Office decided they had to change all the post codes. Both my car and house insurance increased because of this change! When I tackled the Insurance companies the answer was, as it was a new post code they didn’t have any history to base premiums on. Unbelievable, and they wouldn’t budge!

1 Like

We live less than a mile from a previous address, still in Leeds but a BD (Bradford) post code. Significantly lower premiums there but we were broken into (house) car broken into and specific parts removed, stihl saw stolen etc. Current house, not had an issue in 11 years there but higher premiums :thinking: I can actually see the old house from where I am now!
Barrie

1 Like

I actually get my home insurance for £75 that’s contents and buildings. It’s a no frills policy, so just covered for the basics. I couldn’t get within £35 of that price, they were all £100+ elsewhere as a separate policy. They said they would try and lower it but it would mean higher excess, so we left as is. So £380 for the two cars was the renewal. I’ve tried over the last 2 renewals to get it down without much joy by doing comparisons.
Made me smile when trying to get through, one of the options after they answered the call, press 2 if you want to negotiate your renewal quote. Who’s going to be pressing the option 1 just to pay.

2 Likes

Insured this year with Aviva on multi car insurance came in at £397 for the Honda HRV ,and MX5 combined didn’t think that was to bad. Let’s see what they come in at next year , although when I had my last NC insured with them they kept the price fairly much the same year after year for 8 years.

1 Like

Nice decals on that 5! :wink:

1 Like

Ha! Yes indeed! Couldn’t have done it without you! :rofl:
Barrie

20-odd years ago we lived in Whitefield, north Manchester: We had a M25 post code. A couple of years in, the post office changed our address to have a new M45 code instead. As soon as we updated the insurance companies with the revised address details they all sent us revised lower premiums, due they said to us now living in a much better post code…

2 Likes

It doesn’t help either when your neighbour informs you…someone got into my car last night, I informed the police and they sent someone round to see me.
Yep I said I have young police lady ask if I’d seen anyone suspicious during the early hour that day.
Well what’s that got to do with insurance quotes, well when I heard the full story it’s no wonder my postcode sees a rise in insurance prices.
Turns out we are talking about a crappy worthless Fiesta that the drivers door won’t lock, so left unlocked all the time. It’s parked on the road because the owner doesn’t want it sitting on the drive although there’s room. All that was taken from it was a worn out old coat a screwdriver and two CD’s, all stuff that the owner wasn’t bothered about. And to cap it all, no damage done to the car to gain access to it.
Made my blood boil when he told me, yep another increase in the crime around here goes on the insurance data base, up go the prices.

Hi,Thought I’d chip in, I’m with Hastings and have an Audi A5 3.0 TDI and pay £280 all in,they mirror my no claims for my NC on unlimited mileage,and they charge me £98 a year…49 year old full NCD,that’s Littleborough OL15

I think this driver will have an inflated premium next year and a deflated ego this year. Shame was quite a nice Merc coupe, passed it on a little run to Maldon this morning.

From what I can see of the tyre tracks it’s gone from one grass verge to the other, they were lucky not to have brought that phone pole down on top of them!

From where I took the photo, a main road is coming straight from behind me and then to my right is a sharp right hand bend, I’m standing on an island of grass verge with a small side road coming from the left that’s the bit of road you see in the picture. The driver just went straight on at the bend over the island and entrance to the side road and into the hedge and ditch just missing the pole. Just missed the corner completely.

2 Likes

Ahhhh! Thanks for the clarification! :+1:

1 Like