Insurance

Hi all

Now i’ve bought my daughter a lovely 2009 2.0 MX5, looking for insurance advice, she’s 23 years old 4yrs no claims but got 6 points. Best quote so far was was £650 with a massive excess charge. Any ideas guys before I splash out again.

At the time my daughter became a new driver @28 yrs old I found her the best quote was with Admiral. She’s been driving now for around 4-5 yrs and still with Admiral even after one non fault and one at fault claims with them.I must add I was on her policy at first (I think I still am) as a named driver to bring the price down.

The best price out there for me for the past two years have been Admiral so I’m hooked up with them for now, other insurers available. you can try em all, good luck

which one did you buy, not the automatic?

No. When I got there he had advertised it wrong it was geared,?? checked it, drove it, loved it, bought it.?? Only thing it needs other than a good detailing is a new drivers side door actuator which i found one on ebay for £35. There’s a couple of bits of standard kit missing from the boot but I don’t know what they are as theirs just the straps there. The only thing in the boot is the inflation kit. Thinking one may be a breakdown triangle not sure of the other.

Tyre pump and adaptor nozzles and tubes lives in a little bag in the recess by the bulkhead - strap 1, bottle of puncture gloop lives on the left near the sidelights strap 2, the wheel wrench, anti-theft nuts key and jack handle lives in a tool roll beneath the boot catch - straps 3&4.  There should be an inadequate scissor jack clamped by a T-bar bolt above the wheel arch behind the cover on the right side. 

Just in case the unexpected happens and there is a puncture, I also added an eight inch length of 2"x4" timber to rest the jack on, so it can actually lift a wheel off the ground, and a proper puncture repair kit (plugs, vulcanising solution, suitable tools, second can of goop), and a breaker-bar for the wheel nuts.

Try the comparison sites. I just had a renewal from Saga on my new Vitara and they wanted £288 (which included a £25 renewal fee). The Meercats came in at £174 for the same cover and lower excess insured through the loveable dog company.

Guess where my money’s going.

used a comparison site and went with Churchill. £666 fully comp but large excess.

ooh, 666 ! I’d have offered £665 :wink: