Is the Wessex Area Active?

I was thinking of joining the MX5 Owners Club. So I visited the forum to see what was happening in my area.
Unfortunately, I was not able to find anything recent. And what is on the forum suggests the Wessex Area is
not particularly well supported.

Under the Upcoming Events there is nothing posted.

http://mx5oc.co.uk/Areas/Wessex

After a search on Google I discovered to my surprise that the Wessex Area of the OC has it’s own website with a list of scheduled events on it.

For other potential new members like me, here is a link to the local website:

http://wx.mx5oc.co.uk/

It would be great idea if there is a link on the Wessex Area page to the Wessex Area website. This could be extended to all the other pages
like Area Events etc.

The exact same question I asked and you are right needs a link from here as i didn’t think anything was going on either 

I’ll bring this topic to the attention of the Wessex Area Co-ordinator.

Thats reassuring. I thought it was me not using the forum correctly.

I noticed that about only 10 percent of the visitors on the forum are members.
It is possible that club membership might increase if visitors were aware that there is an active
club membership, and what events are scheduled and how past events went off.

It would be really good if events for each area were posted on the club forum, and how past regional events went.
This makes the forum interesting and might encourage members to visit other events too.

I have taken the initiative, and listed the forthcoming events from today as published on the Wessex Area website.

Note quite sure about Tuesday 7th June Club Night though!!! The 7th of June is a Saturday. So maybe it’s Saturday.

June

Sun 1st June Goodwood Breakfast Club "Soft top Sunday" 8am-12 noon.
Tues 3rd June Wessex Area Mid-Summer Supper Party The North Haven Yacht Club Sandbanks Please send off your booking form asap which can be found with more details at the back of this month's newsletter.
Tues 7th June CLub night at Drusillas Social evening starting at 8pm. A chance to catch up with other members after Christmas.
Sun 8th June Lulworth Classic Car Show The Wessex MX5 Club Group will not be attending the show this year but if any members want to attend information and booking forms are available from Charles Smith (phone 07790 163524 or email charles@charlessmith.co.uk).
Sun 15th June Father's day drive Organisers are Gilbert & Anna East. More details to come later.
July
Sat 19th July Boat Trip & BBQ Just a reminder that the boat trip and bar-b-q cost is the same as the last two years £18-50 p/p. and we will be taking names and deposits on our various meeting points during April and June (or email plevett@aol.com or phone 01425477594).

HI, I too have now nudged the local ACs to respond and make sure there are clear direction on here to the Wessex event info… Thanks for bringing this to our attention… Smile

Wessex Area still not updated.
Can anyone pop a link in here to the Wessex Area website.
I cannot seem to find it now!!!

The Wessex Area page says:
“For further details check us out by using the links below or go direct to our area website.”
No link to the website or what the Wessex Area website address is.

I’ve heard from the Wessex ACs who have been away, and just returned. Please wait for them to update. Thanks. 

The Wessex Area website address is wx.mx5.co.uk.  You need to go to “Wessex Area MX-5 Owners Club” which will bring you to the home page.  

Alternatively,full up to date details of all Wessex future events are also in the monthly Wessex newsletter which is emailed to all Wessex MX5OC members on the first weekend of each month.  Hope this helps.

The 2 Wessex Co-ordinators are only 2 months into the job so they are still learning the ropes -  as my computer often tells me when I want to know something -“please be patient”.

Thanks… wx.mx5oc.co.uk

Anything planned for July?