Is there a recomended tyre for the nc 3.5 2013 (205 45 17)

I replaced the Tyres on my 2014 NC 25AE back in February.
£256 for a set of Avon ZV7, delivered from Blackcircles.
Very happy with them.

When I had an NC3.5 I chose rear tyres on the basis of lower noise rating than the Mazda fitted originals, which might have been Yokohama. There was some road noise with the roof up.
I chose Avon and the car was a lot quieter than before.

As stated above I fit 217-45-17 Goodyear F1 Asymetric 5 tyres on m5 3.5, because they are slightly wider than standard 205 tyres they protrude out further than the rim, they also have rim protection in the moulding.

Rim protection was part of my tyre choice criteria along with 217’s

4 corners at £330 inc VAT fitted at Quick Fit; I recon that was a good deal for a quality non budget tyre.

Roy

2 Likes

I have Michelin PS4’s on mine, used these on several cars and find them amazing, outright grip in both dry and wet conditions amazing. Quiet riding too.

Do not use run flats, the sidewalls are too stiff and ruin the ride, comfort and reduce grip under braking. Damn noisy too!

1 Like

ok, i had the michelin p4s fitted.
they have made quite a difference and the car feels better and more planted.
tho it must be pointed out that new tyres usually give that feeling anyway.

anyway thank you to everyone for the input and advice!

oh on a side not the guys at the tyre place said that while the mich p4s have been the top tyre for a long time, they are no longer the top tyre as bridgestone have brought out a p something tyre that people are saying is even better than the michelin!
i cant remember the tyre name but thought i would mention it.

also i went with the standard 205 but from looking at the way they sit on the rim i have decieded that next time i buy tyres i will go for the 215.

1 Like