Just can't make my mind up

Planning for springtime but very undecided which to go for…under the radar or loud’n’proud!
Up to now I’m liking the red. I’m no “boy racer” but I do like the loud contrasting colours.
Whatdya think?

Red looks good!!! :+1:

Forgot to say, this is a Miyako so has red stitching on the leather seats so red would kinda match.

1 Like

Liking the gunmetal/anthracite on the last pic :+1: but then I guess I would :grin:

Red Rimringz, centre caps and composite wheel nuts would “pick out” the red stitch as I did on mine? Having suggested that, it’s a very personal choice, your car, do what suits you! :+1: :+1:
Barrie

Hi Barrie,
That looks brilliant, I looked at the rim stripes but thought I would need a flat surface all the way around which our wheels don’t. I may have to look again how these fit on. What kind of wheel nuts are they?

1 Like

Last one for me…

1 Like

I like the Red, its a bit “Daring” but not as in your face as the green :grinning:

Boz

These are the wheel nuts

The rimringz have a mechanical fixing rather than adhesive fixing. Care does need to be taken when fitting as they can be a bit “brittle” until properly fixed. Ask me how I know :nerd_face:

Barrie

Red!

Black just loses the wheel design and they become a big round blob of black.

Green would look good though

I’m more old school gunmetal or silver for me black does seem to get lost a bit in the wheel well I think.

2 Likes

I don’t like the black. Completely hides them, they may as well be dirty 13 inch steel rims…

I like the red.

2 Likes

Red!!

If silver or gunmetal was on the list of choices then I would go for one of those really. I do not care for black, but I would choose it over red or green… But I am a traditionalist…

Not keen on the black. Chrome? Of those, the yellow.

I like 5-spokes, of commonly available wheel designs. But the only thing I would consider changing the wheels on my ND for would be Dunlop-style alloys, sometimes called D-type wheels. I’ve always loved them. But at nearly £2000 a set for look-alikes it won’t be happening.

I’d like to see these on a silver NC.

2 Likes

So would I John! :+1:

Barrie

Nearest I got on the red NC :grin:

2 Likes

Looks like my favourite red is in the lead at the moment which will be a big change from the silver it came with. As I said this will be my spring project along with a set of Meister R coilovers. Thanks guys for all of your comments, theyre much appreciated.

1 Like

I agree.

Back in the 1960s and 1970s, almost all wheels were steel and painted black, and hidden behind chrome hub caps and embellisher trims.

So in the early 1970s I painted the black flat-ledge wide rims on my bitsa with new shiny Halfords “Stainless Steel Wheels”, partly to distract the eye from the impoverished abysmal patchy maroon paintwork of the rest of the car.

By the time I bought my first brand-new car, an Astra in 1994, shiny silver was the industry default for the wheel trims, so I painted those to match the flat red of the car body (like the earlier Mercs did), as a deterrent to trim thieves in addition to the cable ties. Vauxhall plastic trims were well known for departing at speed, mainly because of not being fitted correctly.

Alloys are interesting because they are actually painted and not aluminium colour. If mine needed a re-furb (not yet), I’d consider coating them Icy Blue to match the body. Hmm…

2 Likes

For me I like the yellow? It’s subtle yet good contrast- maybe there s a another colour you could introduce as a further choice
Bc

I’m not sure about those " lacing, rug nuts, which are made out of some kind of iron not easy to make lust"

You are a blaver man than me…

1 Like

Just an opinion, but if you choose Red you have to live with it every day.
Not for me mind and yes you did ask! :wink: