Just had my renewal quote

Yes, you’ll find these listed in STHT magazine.

I am also with LV and expected the usual hike after the first year but was pleasantly surprised to find the renewal was cheaper than last year. So thought I would get a price for my wife’s Fiesta Vignale and that came in at double what I paid last year from Darwin. Seems very hit and miss.
My GR86 is with Esure so thought about adding the NC with them but logged into my account and couldn’t find any way to add another car so would have had to start a new quote.
I really can’t figure out how the system works. If one company are cheaper for the NC why are they a lot dearer for the GR and vice versa? If I insure two cars I can only use one at a time so the other one carries no risk while I’m driving the other one, if that makes sense

It is all about their algorithms.
If a particular car, area, type of driver etc etc starts to show as a higher risk when combined - up goes the price.

With two cars on a policy - they are always covering the theft/damage risk on both cars.
Agreed - the risk when driven is only on the car you are out and about in.
Also - if there is more than one person named on the policy - they will assume both cars will be driven at the same time.

I just wemt from a CX-5 (group 15) to a Mazda 3 (group 22) and added a provisional driver for the 3. It only added £39/year, of which some was admin fee!

1 Like

I have been with RH insurancee since 2016 and been very happy with service and cost however this year they have moved under A plan I have had to phone as renewal had not arrived and found some anomilies with the milage being changed from 5K to 3K and modifications I had declared missing and the price rising by what looked like only 3 pounds when they had misrepresented what I had paid last year and added legal cover twice to hide a 10/12% rise. This could be down to admin issues on changeover but any RH customers check their renewal docs carefully before commiting.

If I were you I’d be trying a comparison web site insurance companies know people are mostly lazy [no offence meant to anyone] and just renew because it’s easier, there is no reward for being loyal, quite the opposite in fact.
The best time to shop around for insurance is about 28 days [double check that on martin lewis site] before your renewal date for the best price.

I was in my local A-plan office on other business, and they offered to cover my car, so I asked how much. It was £40 more for the exact same policy I already had (my own deal direct with the insurer), essentially their commission on a car policy. 210 vs 170 is a significant hike.

I said no thanks.

However, being able to call in saves me phone grief on the house insurance, which is much more expensive than any car because we live in a “flood risk area,” and they know about all my anti-flood defences, which would have saved me from claiming thirty years ago and have saved us at least twice since. And it’s still only about £40 commission and me not having to ring around. I do check on the rates most years, but in this instance it is always competitive.

thanks I have now shopped around and saved some money but moved not just on cost but on the issues with the details of the policy being wrong and wait times on phone and really want to highlight for RH customers there appears to have been issues transposing information to a new system so please check your renewal docs carefully

thanks and interesting that 40 pounds is what I just saved with Lancaster

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.