Just saying goodbye

After four great years with our 2007 ZSport we have had to let her go due to wife back condition meant it had only done 900 miles in over two years.
Has been a fantastic car, never let us down and so reliable even though it had done just over 90000 miles. Flew through every MOT, I’m sure the new owner who has left a deposit and collecting next week will be delighted. What a pain s

elling a car these days, or in fact anything, messages from scammers, tyre kickers, some telling me with laughing emoji’s that I haven’t a hope of getting the price I was after as the ZSport only demand the same as any other 2.0. I got within £150 of my asking price thank you because it is such a fabulous car. Messages saying when can I view and not turning up which is a worry when they have your address. Was sold to the second chap to view. So goodbye it’s been a blast :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Saw the ad on eBay. You were asking a very fair price. Ex ZSport owner myself so I appreciate the model. Always a few scammers and idiots around but you have obviously found the right buyer. We want these cars in the right hands for the future and while the head wants the right money the heart wants it to go to a good home. A good result all round.

Why not stay on the forum? Just because you don’t own one any more doesn’t mean you aren’t welcome. It’s in your blood now.

:grinning:

7 Likes

Such a shame that the end of a pleasant relationship with your car marred with low life trying to tap in but very pleased you found a good buyer and can move on.
Have to say a shame that your wife’s back condition is exacerbated by the MK3. Most on here who have moved from MK1/MK2 to MK3 have done that for the comfort of their other half. Perhaps those sporty Bilstein shocks are a little harsher than standard?
Out of interest, what have you moved on to? I hope it gives you some sense of a driver experience.

1 Like

Probably about the right price asked although maybe squeezed a little more given the crazy ish prices asked now.
I sold a 07 Sport last year for a little more last year with around 20k less on the clock.
No need to keep away from the forum, who knows you may get another in the future, all the best.:+1:

Thanks for the kind comments, it was always ran as a second car so prob won’t be replaced. When she was in the car she was fine and more comfortable than the RX8 we used to have but it was the getting in and out which was the excruciatingly painful part. Our everyday car which she is ok driving is a Suzuki Vitara Allgrip auto which we have had for six trouble free years. I seem to be very lucky with reliable cars, but they have been either Suzuki or Mazda in the last 12 years or so, even the RX8 never let us down. I will hang around as it’s a great forum.

3 Likes

My wife has trouble getting in & out of my mk2. I think it’s a great excuse to escape for a couple of hours. I’m even having the rear of the cills welded next month. I’ve had it 9 years now.

1 Like

Waved goodbye to the ZSport tonight, car eventually picked up after big deposit left nearly three weeks ago. Buyer has big plans for it and already booked in for supercharging, says by a place near Oxford so assume it’s BBR ? Been a great four plus years with the car but needs must as mentioned and with car prices so high the timing was right as it was always a second car.

1 Like

I kind of agree that the zsport is no more desirable then a standard sport, at least from the prices I have seen. In fact I’d avoid the zsport because of the ugly wheels, I saw a few topics where they had cracked and would be next to impossible to find someone selling 1 wheel.

My sport will be up for sell sometime this year, not looking forward to all the numpties asking for a £1000 off because they want to revert it all back to standard. :roll_eyes:

There’s a zsport on ebay with full history and 41,000 miles on the clock, asking £6k ono
Stealerships asking 6-7k for equivalent sport. That’s all a bit off topic.

We were lucky we bought mx5s before the big price hike. :+1:

I bought my latest NC coming to the end of summer last year, prices were still rising.
On the other hand, the one I sold I’d owned for 8 years and only lost around £2250 when selling on.
Downside (there always is) the money I’d spent on it, never get that back.:grin:

1 Like

I wouldn’t say not desirable !, had a waiting list of nine wanting to view after deposit went down and one chap actually came to my house who had seen the car on my drive and offered more but by then I had a £3k deposit. Sold for just shy of £5k with 94000 miles on it. You won’t see many 2007 2.0 NC cars with 94000 fetching that price on a private sale, prob £2k less, ignore dealer chancer prices. One dealer had a low miler ZSport up for around12k or so which was a bit over the top.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.