K&N or Pipercross air filter - which is best for Mk3?

Blink Motorsport fitted a Pipercross in my NC1 when it was mapped/mani’d so that’ll do for me given they knew their onions.

Allegedly, it takes quite a few bhp for a driver to be able to discern a difference, so I’m surprised there was a noticeable difference.
Having said that, the combination of a Pipercross filter, opening up the airbox and a few gallons of V Power did wake my engine up nicely.
The cool, damp, dense air we’re getting at the moment is making a difference too :grinning:

4 Likes

Blink Motorsport fitted mine too…as at the time it was their car.

I did the exact same but I have to say I’m a but disappointed with the IL Backbox,its very quiet

just put a piper cross air filter on my nc2 today.
very surprised by the difference!
I wouldn’t say it has added HP.
but I would say that it has restored the HP that my old, cheap and clogged air filter had been robbing away!

1 Like

Really?
I have a Racing Beat downpipe, OEM mid section and IL backbox and it’s just right. Gets a bit much on long journeys with he roof up, but as soon as the roof comes down…

1 Like

What else are you doing mod wise?
An air filter alone will do naff all.
You might get somewhere between 2 - 5 bhp with a cold air induction system, but thats about it!
If its a straight swap panel filter, save your dosh and spend it on qualty service items, youll be surprised how good the standard Mazda air filer is!