Last drive

Last drive before taking it off the road for winter

7 Likes

Mine will be sorn on Sunday

Here in “sunny” (?) Essex I use mine all year round! :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to winter in my MX5, will be a first for me. RWD and some wet roads, sounds interesting.

2 Likes

I was brought up on rear wheel drive as soon as the snow arrived it was how far can I go in my capri with out getting stuck …today too many twats on the road would not bother …in fact in winter don’t even go on the road unless I have too…

Along with piles of wet leaves on the road , it will be :grin:
My old Spitfire was good for that, a wet roundabout, touch the accelerator and away you go sideways , with buttocks chewing the seat :grimacing:

3 Likes

I can’t bring myself to SORN my car just in case we have some nice sunny days (you never know!) over winter. I would be kicking myself if I could not get out for a blast for a bit of relief from winter induced boredom when conditions are good. Covid restrictions allowing.

3 Likes

I’m with you there. Prepped mine at the weekend but just couldn’t bring myself to SORN it yet. Not going to be too many pleasures in the coming weeks and months so an icy blast on a dry day may be just the tonic…

Sorn it now, then tax it on the sunny day. You can’t lose.
If you don’t sorn it and it sits there not being used, you paid the tax for nothing.

If you tax it on the day you need it, yes you still taxed it for the whole month, but you didn’t tax it for the month before or the month after.

I tax mine on monthly direct debit, usually for seven months, then make sure I sorn it beforew the start of the next month.

I see little point in having is sat there during December, January and February on the off chance that i might use it.

Tax it if you want it, take it on the chin.

We had 3 weeks in Greece last year (lucky us), I sorned mine at the end of July, knowing that I’d be in greece until near the end of August.
I taxed it on something like the 30th of August.
What did i lose ??

Had it been taxed during august while I was away, it would have cost me the ÂŁ25 or whatever it comes to.
Taxing it on the 3oth still cost me ÂŁ25.

1 Like

Use and enjoy mine all year round, but avoid rain and snowy weather. Autumn and winter usually provide enough opportunities to justify keeping it on the road. I also believe the car benefits from a good run.

3 Likes

I’m with you there, I was the same with my motorbikes, an all year rounder, nothing better than going for a blast on a crisp and sunny winters day, lid down woolly hat on :smiley: , rules permitting of course :thinking:

4 Likes

I always tax and insure mine all year round as well , we usually get quite a few good days through the winter for a nice drive so why not. We all need something to cheer us up a bit at the moment.

4 Likes

Same here. Mx5 is great in winter, heated seats & a heater that can burn your feet!! I do feel the cold a bit more nowadays tho so just ordered a heated gillet

1 Like

Adapt and overcome, I just picked up one of these from a Garden Centre outdoor clothing section, my missus said " your not really gonna wear that ?" you bet I am, as the cold air just skims the top of my slap head, so this fits the bill, when the lids down, I’m enjoying myself too much to bother about what someone else thinks :wink:

9 Likes

Ha ha ha ha ha,…
…
I have got exactly the same thing in the boot from last year. I wore it just the once until I saw myself in shop window. I have my standards, low ones I know but standards all the same!!

3 Likes

Don’t think my wife would go out with me if I had one of those on my bonce. :joy: :joy:

1 Like

I’ve got something very similar (not so much fur!), and I don’t give a £*!+ what I look like if it stops my ears freezing off! :smiley: :+1: Cos if they did I’d be virtually blind; nothing to hang my specs on!! :thinking: :nerd_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I have a hat like that somewhere, the fur whiffs a bit when it gets wet…

I wouldn’t wear it to go shopping, the missus wouldn’t let me, but perfect for the 5 when having a blast around the English countryside on a cold but sunny winters day , with the smell of burning leaves in the air…Bliss :sunglasses:

Could be worse, I could have bought a Wig instead of a hat.

2 Likes