Latest Maps for ND now available

The email sends you here https://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/navigation-updatemymaps?language=en-EU&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=202008+MAZDA+6.5+EU_new+maps+out+EN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=8/4/2020
:heart:

Do they still have the three year cut-off on free updates, after which they need to be paid for?

Yes they do.

Annoyingly they don’t do a Linux version of the toolbox software and it refuses to run under the Windows emulator.

Downloaded and now the software is stuck at 100% installed?

Just downloaded and updated my SD card With no problem at all, and my backup card too

It take quite a while to download and install and in the meantime I had to go out, left the card in the computer doing its thing
When driving the car with no SD card in the GPS automatic speed sign reader does not work?
Begging the question where is the info coming from. The camera in the top of the windscreen or the GPS SD card

Any ideas how this clever system works

I gave up waiting in the end and stopped the program as it said 100% installed, and the card works fine.

The traffic sign recognition does use the camera but needs the SD card to be in to work.

After giving up with trying to run the downloader via Linux I dug out an old laptop that has Win7 on it. Several keys didn’t work so a wireless external keyboard was deployed. Software installed and card inserted it took around 45 mins to download the data and another 5 to pop it onto my card. Back in the car the nav system appears to be workig ok.