Leaking from roof area

rite every time i get in to my Eunos last week or so i been gettin a wet butt ! lol - dont laff… its not funny! haha

its coming from the tops of the window i think, where the window shuts, onto the rubbers… wot is the best way to stop it ? the window DOES go all the way up, but seems to be lettin water in still !
can i wax up the rubbers or something? or is there something simple im missing out ?

ta chaps and chappets!
Kris

Hi Kris,

The rubbers around the window on mine sometimes separate slightly at the top of the window. You will be able to see daylight between them.

I give them a push back together when this happens.

Get an ‘assistant’ to run a watering can on the roof whilst you sit inside to be sure where it is coming from.

-And change your trousers!! [:D]

haha! ta buddy! ill get on it ASAP! :smiley: lol

I don’t know what hood you have. I changed mine for a dandycars one and this has a ‘gutter’ section of vinyl sewn in across the tops of the windows. My original (cracked/torn/passed it) mazda one didn’t have these. I think these gutter bits help.

Just in case you did not know:-
The glass in the windows of an MX5 can be adjusted in all three planes, so that you get a snug fit against the seals.  Easy to do, but difficult to explain. Rod Grangers book is very good.