Lockdown / Retirement blues (or red)

Not really counting then wrinkly rover, and three minutes less now!
My wife and I had a mini when we first got together, it was an ex police car and had a sunroof put in to remove the hole for the beacon. I loved the car but it was a complete rot box, me and the wife repainted ourselves by hand using hammerite, when the brother in law saw it he said someones artexed your car! Happy days.

2 Likes

Not counting at all :joy:
I bet the Mini looked really good in Hammerite :blush:, I had a 1964 Cooper all lowered, Peco exhaust but with an 850 engine in it as the previous owner had blown the cooper engine up and as he needed the car for work he stuck a spare in. I did a swap with my Austin 1100 for it, the Mini was painted with black Car Paint which was the name of a range of paints that was coach paint, it actually didn’t look that bad if done correctly.

1 Like

This is our baby.

6 Likes

My hands are good thanks, helps me with my rehabilitation after my stroke 8 months ago which left me with sensory and movement problems down my right hand side. Got to get on with life Covid has already tried to put a stop to that, it’s not going to beat me.

Lovely little car Malc.

1 Like

And this is mine!
The wording in the rear window says ‘Lifes too short to drive boring cars!’

5 Likes

Good attitude, I hope everything works out for you and you can start to enjoy your retirement.

Very nice, love that colour😍

Thank you!
It is Hawaiian Blue - which is evidently quite an unusual colour.

Yeah it really stands out, excellent :+1:

Another of ours, a “Mini Racing” limited edition:

5 Likes

Very nice👍

1 Like

With lockdown dragging on, I thought it was time to tidy up my NUTS and other workshop hardware.

1 Like

I’m in ‘temporary retirement’ at the moment; I took voluntary redundancy in early August but it’s a couple of years before full pensions kick in so I’ll be looking for another job (nothing too taxing) to keep a few pennies coming in. However, I’m a house husband at the moment as my wife is still working (but retiring in a few months).

Suffering cabin fever today so after doing some shopping in town I’ve just got back from taking the very long way home and rediscovered a few wonderful Cotswold roads. (From Cheltenham, over Cleeve Hill through Winchcombe then the open windey roads back towards Bouton-on-the-Water and from there back home).

The NHS should be prescribing MX-5 therapy as an anti-depression aid :grinning:

4 Likes

Totally agree with you MX5 therapy should be mandatory. Maybe MX5 owners should volunteer to take people out for a spin and blow the cob webs away.

I think that would be nigh on impossible with “social distancing”.

Ways and means…ways and means.
Plugs into ciggy lighter.
Honest.

4 Likes

Yet another Mini has turned up for a paint refurb. The whites gone a bit yellow in place’s and the chrome needs a little attention, should be easy enough to sort.

4 Likes

NEXT… just wash, wax and valet, before going home for Christmas. After workshop carried out the welding.
( like this one, nice motor