London regency street car show

Following on from discussions with the show organisers the MX-5 Owners Club have been invited to exhibit at this year's Regent Street Motor Show.

This prestigious event is held on Regents Street in Central London attracts nearly half a million visitors on a single day! The whole of Regents Street from Oxford Circus to Piccadilly Circus is closed to traffic for one day to showcase 125 years of Motoring with exhibits and displays from the veteran era through to modern cars.

With the MX-5 notching up 30 years on the UK roads this year we have been asked to display 10 cars to span the history of the MX-5 also as part of recognising 100 years of Mazda.

The event will be held on 31 October https://regentstreetmotorshow.com(site to be updated)

It will be an early start to be in Central London with a need to remain static ly displayed until 4-5pm (further details will come from the organisers in due course)

If any owners would like to exhibit their car at the show, please  ask them to email a picture of their car and details to regentstreet@mx5oc.co.uk

Anyone know where the one millionth car is with all the signatures on it?  Would be nice to see that there

Japan

I know Mazda considers it the millionth MX5, in the same way that Toyota has gotten somewhere the 10 millionth car to bare the Corolla badge, but not sure I’d include alongside, say, the 1 millionth Beetle, Mini, Minor etc. Bit of a false record really, because MG never reused model names. The original MX5 and MGB roadster ran pretty close though in mnumbers, with about 400,000 of each made, without substantial change. But Mazda made their 400,000 in 8 years, but it took MG 17 years. Either way, the last MK1 is in Japan, though I think the penulltimate Mk1 ended up in New Zealand.

Hi
If you don’t get enough responses please post up in the West London area - this is on our doorstep afterall so getting there may be slightly easier!
Helen

Hi,

I have just sent an email to the address provided advising I can attend the show if possible. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

John

Saz… said,

“Bit of a false record really, because MG never reused model names.“

err…MG made Midgets off and on for fifty year, and there were different Magnettes pre- and post-war!

at least the million MX-5s have similar configuration across the years, unlike the Corrolla!