Looking for a low mileage , clean MK2, BRG or Navy, tan hood if possible

Is there a link to the MK 2 import you are looking at?
M-m

Thank you , I have decided that I want a MK2 and either in British Racing green with tan roof or navy with tan roof. I have been advised to stick to manual, by a few people so manual it is. I just want to find a fairly low mileage one, that is pretty and drives well and doesnt need too much time taken on it. It will be a summer time car to enjoy, out on country roads and will be kept in the garage. any help appreciated :slight_smile:

Those that have dished the Auto versions have not lived with them and tried them all to pass a judgement , they are just opinions , they are spot on also ,just as much fun and deliver the smiles per miles also, but if its a manual , go for the 1.8 5 spd, the 6spd box is terrible for normal road use, get to know the traits as all have their own , don’t go for the mk 2/2.5 1.6 the engine is poor on power and with it being a heavier car than the MK 1s it needs pushing hard.
Go for an import , that way you will not be stuck when the immobilizer is dead , imports never had it to deal with .
Contact me if you wish ,for all the good and bad traits.
M-m

Was up for auction. Not sure if it reached the price wanted, or someone was trying to flip it.

On Autotrader for £7k, ad now gone.

Just noticed, Kwikfit servicing, as if that was a bonus… And the owner’s name is not covered in some other receipts.

MOT is not as good as you would expect.

Plus oil leaks never repaired, weeping shocks never repaired, cracked bushes.

I get the feeling the white NB was actually looked after and enjoyed. This blue one appears to be someone’s pension. Buy, barely use it, cash in.

Those fails are nothing to be concerned about with them fitting spoke wheels that were designed to bolt onto the 1.6 MK 1 with smaller calipers, change the rims , sell the spokes ,because they will get snapped up , Zorst corrosion…they all have it unless swapped for a S/S unit, Kwik fit services , where else as she been expertly look after???but you and i now its not an SE , its a VS in blue which is not common place, not many in 12k and even harder to find in white, seems a nice roadster , but she will still need work regardless, they all do , and that price tag seems to high really, everyone thinks they have a super duper million pound collectors special on their drives that people will be killing each other over to have.
I would have her and use her but not for those pennies, i have autos myself as you know, a MK 1 VS II and a MK 2 VS but i also have a blue manual Mk2 VS with low miles i am building for myself, (6 spd is coming out), a J Ltd on low miles, 2 x 1.6 MK 1’s ,1.8 MK 1 and the… is it or is it not a Tokyo Ltd ,which i thick is a S pec ? but then the s spec and the VS were the only black roadsters off the production line at the correct time these were being pulled off to go to the dealership , and the vin on this is in the build zone ? so who knows, but that won’t matter when i rebuild her it something beautiful any way.
M-m

While nothing serious (though how does one turn up for a test with 15" wheels on odd size tyres, rotted wiper blades twice, and burn through pads in 3-400kms of use), suggest sloppiness for a car that spent most of its life in a shed. Certainly not been maintained, money no object.

I’m not sure I would believe the odometer readings.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.