Looking For My Old Mk1 Marina Blue

Hi. Just signed up. Long shot but trying to locate my old 1991 Mk1. Marina Blue, White Enkei Alloys. Elf sticker on each side. I’ve linked a couple of photos below. Sold it around 7 years ago in Manchester. It did have A3 MXV as the plate but I have worked out that has been put on a different car.

It is a Eunos but it’s had the number plate housing changed at the back to allow for a standard UK plate

Just miss the car and would like to see it again. It’s quite distinctive as I don’t see many with the white wheels on. Plus the ‘Elf’ stickers.

A couple of photos.

https://imagizer.ima…/537/1OD3uc.jpg

https://imagizer.ima…/536/zfRDsF.jpg

Please let me know if you have seen it. Long shot I know.

Thanks

hi matt
just wasting an hour on the computer & i see on the DVLA site https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/
your reg A3 MXV is now registered as a black mx5! so maybe that’s why you don’t see it?

sorry, just noticed the bit you said about the plate being on another car now.

Hi Matt, the old Mariner blue Mk1 now belongs to me and carries the number plate E8NOS. Its been parked up for a few weeks now but is usually around the East Lancs area. As you posted we bought the car from the geezer in Manchester, the white Enkei had been replaced with some wobbly alloys (wobbly as in performance not appearance !) The Elf stickers were still intact, but have been removed now as we had to have some sill work done.

Heres a couple of images with 2 other Eunos cars owned by other family members.

I even have a 1/32nd scale Slot Car replica of Mariner.

Hi. Thanks for posting. A few differences to mine though. Mine had the uk standard number plate housing to the rear. Yours has the smaller ( squarer) plate housing. Has it been converted back? Also mine didn’t have blue mud flap mouldings to the rear arches. And mine didn’t have the raised bolts on the back that a hardtop locks onto. They were flush on my car.

I remember that it had an aftermarket fibreglass hardtop. In order to fit it I had to cut holes in the plastic at the top of the door pillars near the seat belts. If yours has this then it’s the same car.

Hope it is.

Yes its definately your old car, although we have made several changes since purchasing, including changing the back panel and number plate, different alloys, suspension etc.
Still runs sweet and the body work is quite tidy, just had the bonnet painted as the paint was blistering.

Cheers E8NOS

Thanks E8NOS. Just PM’ed you

Hi.

Thought I would revive this thread. If you look from the top I was looking for my old car. 1991 Eunos Mariner Blue. That was back in 2014. Well I found it and bought it back about 6 months ago. I am after advise on various issues but I will ask those questions in the relevant sections. Here are a few old and new photos.

2006 (When I sold it)

It’s seems to have been stood for a while and not used a great deal. But MOT’d every year and quite a bit spent on it. I used it at the back end of last summer and then garaged it for the winter. Starting to think about getting it sorted now. Going to put it back to original or how it looked when I imported in in 1997.

1 Like

August 2020