Lsd question

Will a lsd off a mk3 ( I’m guessing 2 litre 6 speed ) be a straight swap on to a 1.8 5 speed set up?

I think the ratio is different on the 6 speed. All 2 litre NC have an LSD so probably better to find one from a 5 speed.

Ok thanks Robbie, did some of the 1.8 nc’s come with a lsd then?

Not the 1.8s but the 2.0 came with either 5 speed or 6 speed.

Ok something to look out for thanks.

It’s a straight swap.

So if I keep my eyes open for a lsd from a 5 speed 2litre nc its a straight swap. Will the ratio be different than my standard diff?

AFAIK they are all the same at 3.73.

If someone could confirm that would be good as lsd’s from the 6 speed are fairly easy to source though the 2litre 5 speed lsd i can’t find. Thanks

I think the one in the 5spd is a different ratio. The scrappies in Inverkeithing was breaking a 2.0 5spd recently. Check the U-Pull-it website and look for a black mx5. I’ve also seen the odd one on ebay.
I’d thought about getting one for my 1.8 NC but it’s a biggish job to change it yourself and wasn’t worth doing as I’m not planning any power increases in the foreseeable future.

Thanks matt I just had a look there’s only one nc 2l 6 speed greyish one. I know what you mean ,something to think about i guess.

No the 1.8 and the 2 litre 5 speed had a 4.1 (lsd 2.0 open on 1.8)

Sorry Reg, I just checked the website too and it must be away. I had bits off of that one and the grey sport. Can’t see anything on ebay either at the moment.
I also agree with Richard, it is a 4.1 in the 5spd 2.0.

Ok thanks guys