Lumley castle to Edinburgh - info request

Don’t forget the Jim Clark Room in Duns, well worth a visit, you could either do A697 to Coldstream and then hang a right on to the A6112 through to Duns. From there the run through to the A1 at Grantshouse is a cracking road and positions you to head up to Dunbar and the East Lothian coastal section as mentioned previously.

If you’re an aviation fan the National Museum of Flight at East Fortune is a must see, need a bit of time for it though.

Another place I’ve not been for years! I used to do the Portable electrical appliances testing for the museum years ago. Think they were building an extension onto it too? That would be an epic run from there to Grantshouse! You deffo need to do this mate!

Nah, not a lot to see at East Fortune. Unless you like obscure aircraft such as Concorde, Vulcan, Spitfire, Red Arrows Hawk, Lightning, Comet, Tiger Moth, Jaguar, Tornado, MIG-15 etc etc …

Yes, the Museum of flight is awesome! So many beautiful aircraft to see (spitfire has always been a favourite plane of mine, always loved the look and the sound of it.) For refreshments/munchies, there’s also a nice wee garden centre just along the road from it that has a wee cafe inside. They do a mean bacon roll!!! Also do soup and sandwich combos, pretty decent food for a wee cafe, Just look for Merry Hatton garden centre.