Making a 2004 MX-5 Fit Better

Hi there, I am new to the forum so hopefully this is int he right place.

I am looking to buy an MX-5 but after sitting in one (haven’t driven one yet), i found out my arm rubs on the door quite a bit due to being fairly broad shouldered, is there any way around it or is it not as bad as it seems.

Any help would be great

Not really. Maybe just not the right car for you
I doubt the “Foam-delete” pulling stuffing out the seats will help…that’s for reach not for width.
Possibly, a Mk1 interior might fit you a bit better, but Mk1’s are a whole different genre of 5 on a thousand levels. Hands on dirty nailed enthusiasts only need apply!

My 2011 Mark 3.5 is surprisingly roomy.
Try sitting in of those if you can.

Any other cars similar to an MX5 (Sporty adn fun with a small engine. Doesn’t have to be a convertible) that you can suggest?

I’m on a bit of a budget so I don’t think I will be able to get a mark 3.5 unfortunately. thanks for the suggestion though

Z4 get it in 2.0 2.5 and 3.0 bigger car nice to drive …same money and no rust and my 2.5 was more economical …that 2.0 mx5 more of a cruiser so if you are not a tail out driver good one to look at

I will check them out, they seem to be a nice alternative. Thanks

I switched from an NB to an NC1 for a bit more room. Don’t believe the negatively about the NC, they are good cars with the laters ones getting some good upgrades over the NC1.