March meeting update

For members not able to attend, here is a quick overview of this months meeting.

• Welcome to new members at the meeting, Ian & Gill, Greg & Dan and Adam & Steve. It was good to meet you :slight_smile:

• Update on golfing shenanigans and awarding prizes to John Grassmeder, Allan Sleight who won the booby prize of a wooden spoon unfortunately wasn’t able to attend

• Big thank you to Marion & Peter for their run around the Wirral on Sunday 8th March, put together at short notice, but great fun. We had a quick challenge when we reached the pub at the end when I asked those in attendance how many times we crossed the crossed the M53- surprisingly there were quite a few people who gave the correct answer of 7, so names were put into a hat and Mark & Jane Williams were the lucky winners of a goody bag. - More details on this run will be in a future newsletter.

• Gav Collier asked that I mention the Weaver Wander- this is a charity event, not organised by the MX5-OC, but if anyone wishes to take part more info can be found at the weaver wander website.

Future events were discussed at the meeting, however as the concerns regarding the current global issue of Covid-19 continue, I have taken the decision to postpone the upcoming social event on April 3rd, and it is highly likely that this will extend to cancelling the next meeting on April 8th, I will let you know in due course. I’m sure you will all agree that this is a sensible course of action. Run’s are a different matter and at present will continue as we are confined to our vehicles and not in close proximity with each other, however we may have to rethink ‘end of run’ meals and comfort stops; again, I will keep you posted.
At the moment, I think any large shows or gatherings that are on our calendar are still going ahead, but this could potentially be subject to change, as soon as I know, so will you.

Looking ahead…

• Spring Welsh Run, Sunday April 19th, hosted by Anne & Jim Beresford
  • Gawsworth Youngtimers- May 25th, please let me know if you are interested
  • Tatton Classic 6th & 7th June- places still available on Saturday
  • Christmas- Several members have suggested the Abbots Well in Chester, so I think this will be a probable venue.

Stay safe, Wash your hands!

See you all soon
Teri x