Mask up or not

Should we be masking up at this time?
If not why not and if so, when?
Is it safe to drive to the essential destination with the roof down?
And the final question … how many rolls of toilet paper fit in an mx5 boot and does this amount greatly effect the performance?

Ummmm

1 Like

you can’t be too careful

2 Likes

Forget about image, any mask is better than no mask, although they all have different ratings, so how effective they are is any ones guess, and with the lid up your less likely to be force fed, bugs, spores etc etc, and as far as bog roll weight VS performance goes, having 2 white "go faster " stripes on the car will give you an extra 10bhp, and if you have the top down, having a smooth aerodynamic bald head, adds another 5bhp.

Boz

1 Like

Yours words have given my day employment.
For ages I’ve wasted money on improving the bhp.
Today, I’m going to to glue some toilet roll strips on the bonnet and then shave my head.
This afternoon go for an essential drive to Aldi with the roof down and assist in the removal of all the bugs, spores, etc.:grin:

Thanks Boz

2 Likes

I was following a couple of lads in a Corsa and they had the driver’s side window open. I was about 20-30 ish metres behind them at around 30ish mph and the driver was smoking a spliff/joint/marijuana cigarette. I was stunned that I could smell the distinctive pong coming through the air vents of my '17 plate Fiesta. I was inhaling what he’d just exhaled!! I was astounded and horrified at the same time! Drive with the roof down in all weathers, especially in these Covid-19 mad times is my advice!!

Cheers!

Russ

Did you take his number and report him? That’s a serious offence as is drinking while driving!

Just an observation as a recent MX-5 owner and a top down noobie. I commented to the wife that you can smell a lot more driving with the top down, so my reasoning is that surly you would have a greater chance of breathing in some Covid-19 nastiness? And don’t modern cars have particulate filters for pollen etc?

Hence the 2m rule is good but as with all things to a point. My view, for what its worth, is that when we are out and about on our essential trips in public areas that we all should all choose to wear some form of face covering - not as a safety mask, rather, as a courtesy mask. A courtesy to others that you are attempting to reduce the amount of droplets you pass in the air, the distance which will depend on the wind speed, direction, etc, and that those around you are showing courtesy likewise. Gloves included in the above.
None of this will save a person, but it may assist in reducing the risk. We all have a pair of gloves somewhere and I believe with a bit of ingenuity we can cover the lower part of the face with something.
Many will be pointing fingers at parliament, businesses and bosses, but at the end of the day whether you’re NHS, train driver, or security guard we only have one life and we need to take social responsibility for it and for those around us.
By the way, for it to be that strong, you were probably inhaling skunk. Did you spend the rest of the trip smiling pointlessly???:kissing_heart:

1 Like

Everything is good to a point, put a mask on, drop the roof, go on your essential trip, however, prior to that, measure a toilet roll, measure the inside of your boot and wile away the time contemplating how many rolls will fit in the boot. By the way, if you come across another Mx5 whose driver is smiling pointlessly at everything … it could be Russ​:grinning::upside_down_face:!!

Mask up = No except if you are ill… :sneezing_face::zombie:
There are not enough for the Dr’s and Carers as it is. :mask:
Top Down Is it safe = Yes, no different to going out for your daily walk, run, cycle. Most risk is at the shops…
How many rolls = lots…:roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper:
No effect on performance… :rofl:

2 Likes

One bloke was caught doing 130mph on the M25 in Surrey, and he told the Police he done it to avoid catching the virus !
Haven’t figured out the theory behind this yet.

Boz

1 Like

Seen Saturday when sunny with outside temperature was around 23 C. :+1:
Convertible BMW Mini. hood down, :thinking:
Driver, latex gloves, heavy coat/jacket, close fitting hat, face mask and goggles. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Two Mini convertible drivers in our road. One a kn*b head, other just a bit weird. Normal for the model Sir.

3 Likes

Work has just supplied us with Buffs to wear, worn when on site covering nose and mouth within the social distancing rules, also to be worn in buildings. Temperature taken when arriving on site and hand sanitiser abounds, wipe down all equipment to be handled, etc. meanwhile some berk so intent on putting on his hand sanitiser nearly ran me over.

Well,
Would anyone want to be recognised for being in one…when there was a obvious alternative? :wink:

1 Like