Matthew’s 2019 MX5 ND

Afternoon all,

So having had the Mk3 for less than a month the MX5 bug truly bit and I decided that I wanted one for keeps, atleast for a few years anyway. Rather than keeping the Mk3 I decided to get a new one.

After taking out a car from the dealership to make sure my legs fit (the Mk4 is rather small) I signed on the dotted line for a new 2019 Mk4 (ND2).

A few weeks went by and a call from the dealer to say it had arrived and I was off to collect. I’ve had the car just over a week and I’m absolutely in love with the thing. It’s bloody brilliantly. 

The exhaust note is bloody brilliant. I’ll have to try and capture it with a microphone at some point. Anyway here’s a picture.

I’m about to order the Mazda supplied Eibach lowering spring kit from the dealer which eliminates arch gap.

smart motor , different to the last one !

I absolutely love it, the way it takes a corner is like nothing I’ve ever driven before on the road. Point and in you go. I also think it’s one of the best looking cars anyone has made in a while. Love the lines.

Very nice.

Nice looking motor 

I bought my new RF in March, my first MX-5, it’s such an awesome little thing!

I really just bought it as a toy to have a bit of fun in and do a few track days! However it’s so much more than that, recently I’ve done a couple of longer trips in it and it’s just fantastic! Feels great cruising on the motorway and it’s so comfortable on a longer journey! 

I use it as much as possible, it makes me smile every time I drive it! 

Bru 

I took a few more pictures of the car today, it’s such a great car I’m loving driving it.

Beautiful car

Congratulations on the ND and glad you are pleased! I have a 2018 model now approaching 10k and I have noticed how fruity my exhaust sounds albeit with the old engine! Out of interest how much is the dealer lowering kit? Will you please comment on future ride quality and getting in and out of the car!!
Thank you and enjoy the car :slight_smile:

I couldn’t agree more!!!  Fun, fun, fun!!!

Absolutely agree. Wait until after you’ve had the springs fitted if you think it’s good now, with those in i swear it’s just witchcraft. 

Thanks guys. Yeah can’t wait to get the springs fitted.

As I was asked, they are £170 from the dealer direct (or about £130 if you just get the Eibach springs direct). Mazda quoted £300 fitting (no thanks) however CBS quoted £180 so I’ll be going there.

I got quoted something silly from Mazda as well to fit them. Went to my local indi and job done. Just make sure they fit them the right way round. 

Don’t forget that you’ll need to have 4 wheel alignment done after fitting, and if you have the “adaptive” headlights they’ll need resetting too.  Mazda UK told me that those jobs were part of the procedure that Mazda dealers are supposed to follow, maybe that’s why they’re more expensive that other fitters who maybe don’t do them.

Managed to get rid of the horrible dealer plates today after ordering some Ebay plates for just over £10 front and back delivered Cool Not strictly legal as no BS mark but no MOT for 3 years so an easy  swap back in time. Look miles better.

Best colour for the ND - my first one was white, now got a black one! Miss the white one think it shows off the lines better, when i next upgrade ill be going back white! 

Perrys Huddersfield plates I see, my old dealership! Worked there for over 2 years! Hope they looked after you! Nice to see another ND in the Huddersfield area! 

Congrats on the gorgeous car!!! 

Hello Mathew

Whilst you are at CBS Autos get Carl to give it the full Dinitrol treatment, it is an worthwhile investment.

Regards

Keith

Given the lovely weather I gave the car a once over this morning with the help of my daughter. Then took it for a drive round the local B Roads. This thing really is fantastic. 

And back home…

Also, collected these last night. Got them for a steal. :)Getting them fitted Wednesday, can’t wait!

With a little helper.

nearest diesel fuel station to me