Mazda Recaro - anyone got any info

Hi Mickey, Although I like the style of the RF, the major downside I feel is the loss of visibility due to the rear buttresses, a couple of friends wrote theirs off failing to see someone coming !! As I had problems with a BMW hard top mechanism jamming, I feel the mechanism is only another thing to go wrong. I switched to a MX5 ND Sport Nav, with manual hood, Also I have an 1989 mk1 with a manual roof, and enjoy the simplicity, both have been used as daily drivers and continental runs with no roof incidents so far !!!
Buy the soft top -

1 Like

Hi Alanhelen, thanks very much for this. I’ve bought the Recaro and should pick him up next Tuesday. Although I do love the RF’s just not 100% sure about the targa roof. To me it’s not one or the other if you know what I mean. I think maybe a bit later on if we’ve got the room and the money I’ll get another mark 3.5 too, I’ve got a soft spot for them. Really excited about the Recaro and I’ll post a picture when he’s home. Kim

1 Like

Hi Mickey , Im the proud owner of recaro # 515 in glorious soul red. Ive had it a month and it has options that i havn’t even explored yet. 2016 model with only 10,000 miles on the clock when I took delivery.
The soft top,marvelous , stop at traffic lights,glimmer of sunshine, five seconds later the tops down. Am I going to let some bed wetting toe rag tell me ive got to have a hard top, because they may steal it in a drug induced frenzy… No.
Controls on a motorcycle are open to the world.
Anyway enjoy it, I drove mine to work this morning and had fun on the way… Marvelous old boy :sunglasses::+1:

Hi Holly, your Recaro has had a few tweeks done by the previous owner. Do you know the history?

Thanks Holly, hopefully having him ceramic coated before I pick up Tuesday. Just a bit excited - bet it rains though :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

No i dont, beyond a full service history, i undertstand that it has a non standard exhaust and i have a dyno for that. Otherwise no idea.

I noticed that the front brakes are Wilwood 4 pot calipers. Who did the dyno session?

Not off the top of my head,but when i get home from work i’ll post up,…somewhere in cambridge rings a bell, all its servicing was done there from new by cambridge mazda now using cardiff mazda, reupdated my sat nav from apple play to android. Which makes everything usable again.
All the controls feel very taught, suspension feels well tuned. Money spent in all the right areas, no obvious bling, thank god. Exhaust mods cost over two thousand im impressed, with the quality of work.

Well I’d certainly be interested to know!

1 Like

Right blue, I feel I should be speaking to you in an Ausie accent :joy: ,
I have invoices for a super 190 and manifold, fitted £2,700 gives me a nice linear power curve,without sacrificing any mid range, and a lively “raspy” bike like scramble for the red line kawasaki like sound. Mmmm.
And bbr piston caliper upgrades and discs £1,130
The bbr gti dyno gives me 190bhp =168.5 (lb.ft) @3,900rpm.
Impressive,all this was fitted at 4000 miles its only done 10,000 to date, im begining to think I bagged myself a bargain.

Not sure why the aussie accent!

I suspecred it had been to BBR and it certainly has had some great tweeks!

1 Like

I dont know ,its and old Ausie song, gday blue, you have to be a certain age :joy:

I take it that these are ok upgrades, im not familiar with car stuff.

If it had been akrapovic exhaust, wp or ohlins suspension and brembo callipers i would have understood :joy:

The upgrades are more than ok, and bike and car tuning follows the same principles.

Blue Agave is used to make Tequila, a favourite drink of mine!

1 Like

I dont mind a splash of tequila myself, i should have recognised the reference :+1:

Its rained every day ive owned the car, i pop the roof even if it sniffs of rain or i wouldnt see the sky at all,im praying for dry weather :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.