MeisterR ClubRace

1. My model of MX-5 is: NC
  2. I’m based near: Wigan
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on:

I’m fitting a set of MeisterR ClubRace this week and I will eventually be taking the car back to Roddison or TunedUK for a proper setup in the New Year but…

Any tips for initial setup whilst I drive it until I can get it setup properly?

It’s mainly a track car but I wanted to drive it on the road to get things settled a bit.

I know the ride height should be around 320-340mm but before I put them on the car and being miles off I thought someone may know how much to wind off the collars and how to set the preload.

Thanks!

ps I’m not looking for a “call Paul” kind of tip :joy:

Will you be doing an alignment after fitting the suspension? If not there’s no point doing anything else mate until alignment is done. And I’m taking about camber caster and toe in/out alignment

Hi, when I fitted mine, pre load was already set out of the box and ride height, well I just fitted them as they came. Once on the car you can measure and adjust height to suit what you want for your car? That’s what I would do and let the suspension ‘settle’ on the car after a run, then adjust accordingly. You may find, even if all the units are set to the same adjustment in the box, that once fitted, there may be slight differences across the axles. :+1:

Barrie

Thanks! I had hoped they were set to something reasonable out of the box but wasn’t sure. Good to know you fitted them as they came an then adjusted.

I’ve fitted suspension in the past where it’s been miles off usable straight out the box so wanted to check if this was good enough to bolt straight on which it sounds like it is :slight_smile:

Yeah full alignment will be done but I didn’t want to fit the coilovers, drop the car down to find out it needs to go back up as it’s on stilts or bottoming out due to massively wrong ride height or springs setup incorrectly and need tweaking before even putting on the car.

Don’t alter the preload. They come preset reasonably sensibly for height, I forget the measurement right now, but it’ll look like this and clear speed humps:

1 Like

Perfect, thanks for the photo!

Managed to get the rears off in about 15 minutes, looking on YouTube it seems the struggle comes when removing the OEM coilovers whereas I’m removing Maxpeedingrods which slid out without having to touch any of the droplinks/arms.

Mazda advise a minimum height (measured from the center of the wheel) of 350mm
It is actually 349 back and 351 front I think.

we first set mine to 365 all around but they have dropped to 360 on the front and somewhere between 345 to 350 at the rear,
now i need to get over speed humps so i am going to adjust them to 355 all around and see what that is like.
if 355 is all good on speed humps i might try dropping to 350 all around but only time will tell!

Looks like they’re 330mm all round by default. Very straight forward to fit as I didn’t have to mess around with anything other than coilovers nuts/bolts and front upper control arms.

You will find adjusting ride height is pretty easy it you whip off the wheel. I was worried it would be a major hassle turning the adjusters when mounted, but not so.

1 Like

yes agreed, while every thing is fresh&new, if you wish to prolong this easy adjustment I would suggest loads of waterproof grease on ALL the threads and wrap the exposed threads in an old split cycle tube and secure with cable ties…old rally man tip…

1 Like