MeisterR zetacrd or Mazda Coilovers

What about everything else under there, thats a lot of deterioration on everything? for 18k ,its not just the suspension thats not been looked after that needs addressing from living on a beach .
Ours are no where near that condition and one is a daily in everything thats thrown at her, but she is regularly checked as they are old cars( classics) not new, we even have one with the original very first gen prototypes still being used and in good nick on my sons MK 1 which were fitted to mine for years in daily use before swapping them over to fit the newer gen to date .
They are looked after so last ,just like the brakes, undersealing, engine etc etc as a norm, nothing on these old cars on our great roads is fit and forget, and by the looks of that last pic , i would highly recommend extra checking looking at the whole condition change from the first pic .
Did you contact jerrick? he is the most passionate chap you will meet or chat to and would of dealt with that straight away, rather than dishing an item from the lack of care and the conditions you were using her in from the view of the whole picture.
M-m

2 Likes

Well there seems to of been some deleting going on in this thread which is a very poor show of the power given to moderate to suit themselves and keep face.
The discussion now does not work or flow with replies for others to view in the future on the subject.
M-m

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve just noticed that. I’ve got the car in at the garage today for new droplinks and have asked them to have a good look at the existing suspension while they are doing that.

Will report back on final decision

The car you questioned was never driven on a beach, nor anywhere near salt. Little digs like this. You failed to tell the difference between flash and non-flash photos, and instead atttacked the poster. I was responding to a query as to why I would not buy this brand again. Others have differing experiences. None of us have a financial connection any suspension manufacturer, so all of us are offering honest real world experiences. You questioned my reasoning by making something up, and essentially hijacking the thread again. Any user can delete their posts.

2 Likes

Just back from the Garage, who installed new droplinks and arb bushes. They tell me that the existing shocks and springs appear to be in reasonable condition - so new Oem parts would be pointless at this stage.

I can see there is a lot of love for the MeisterR coilovers but, @saz9961 raised some interesting points about them. And from reading the posts above (and other threads in the forum) I’d be very concerned about having to creep over speed bumps at very low speed. I’m surrounded by the things, so that would be a real pita.

Thanks all - on to the next problem!

It was far from a camera flash crp, the last pic which you have deemed fit to delet that now makes no sense what so ever to any other members /owners poundering this same topic to help make up their minds is now worthless…
You opinion is fine from your personal experience? But I do not just deal with my own cars and have fitted loads of different suspension units to many different builds and set ups and look after them, now as for the “herd” going for meisters this sheep only preaches about true facts and with these alone I have fitted god knows how many sets and “none” have given issues including the prototypes we helped Jerrick with to present day, I deal with passionate people in many ways and do a lot of testing for many different business and Co’ s because I am honest and if something is rubbish or needs a re disgn I will say so, if there is a product on the market I have been asked to check over and it’s is rubbish I will say so , I don’t do blowing smoke up anyone’s ar
se no matter who or what it is …
We have just checked the very first gen ones on my lads MK1 which were originally fitted to my Mk1 when Jerrick first sent them as he was making them for the mx5’s I fitted and sent him my first view on fitting and there was a slight re vamp that needed doing I then used them hard for 12 months daily and reported back…
Those units stayed on my own MK1 until the Zeta’s arrived and they were fitted for feed back and the gen ones fitted to Daryls MK1 and are still on to this day , still going , looked after like everything else on our Roadsters as like I said these are "old classic cars"now so "nothing is "fit and forget "…and after all these years of hard service there are the dust boots starting to perish, but hey the OE ones do the same, so I can live with it…
I am sure there are plenty more good stories of these units and other makes .
I have no connection with meister in a financial way, but help Jerrick where I can like I do for others.
Do I think meisters are the best suspension out there, there are far better with a very high price tag to match, for the money they cost I personally feel you cannot buy better in the price range these sit, but everyone as a choice and a budget and you have the bay of E cheapy cheaps etc…
I get you don’t like these, and that’s your choice , but you should of contacted Jerrick and his passion for his products shines and will help anyone,before dishing them , as you seem to do it about everything,and every Co you put down and slater for everything, I am surprised these people still deal with you to be honest.
But deleting posts in threads because “you” don’t think it’s right with the position you hold is a misuse off your power and as not helped others with a bulls**t it’s because of flash…it was not looked after from living on a beach with its bud the Mary Rose ,end of.

Our Gen ones well abused and used before they were on the shelfs to buy , which were fitted to two of our Roadsters over the many any years and miles, and still going strong…
Pic taken yesterday on our annual major overhaul of the roadsters being used, they will get a blast and fresh protection.

M-m

2 Likes

can I ask why you have deleted your original post ?
I don’t suppose meisters have had a fit and threw their toys outside the pram? If they did I will go and get some pictures of the corroded ones on my mates car including a broken one on 2 year, at the time, suspension (the car has been sitting in a garage for a while)

Reading through this thread and as others have mentioned it’s disappointing that messages have been deleted so now the thread makes no sense.

Why have posts been removed? What did they say?

I’m currently trying to make a decision regarding suspension on my NC and to say the waters are muddied is an understatement!

That said, I will say this. I can’t find a single credible expert who says generic, adapted, coilovers (eg Miesterr, Tein, BC Racing) are a good idea when compared to full sized shocks from the longstanding suspension manufacturers. It’s only owner reports which support the cheaper adjustable setups.

You pays your money etc…

Lots of people run Meister (et al) and are satisfied with the quality at the price point. If you have the money to spend and want to take the advice of the credible experts (citation needed) then follow that route.

I read a ton of positive reviews on the meister and a few negative (as you can find for most products) though no where near as many as positive. The complaints were mostly to do with corrosion issues on the springs and adjustable body of the shock. In the end I went for a different brand but only because I had previous first hand experience of my own with them. My workmate loves his zeta crd. I love my teins. I’d rather live with mine every day but his most likely have the performance edge being lighter alloy bodies, a bit more track focused and monotube dampers. Just made sense to me personally to make my choice as I did.

As Ian says, it’s a choice, a personal choice, and even spending big money doesn’t guarantee that a spring or other component won’t get chipped, corrode from inside and snap etc.

Sorry, I just saw your reply.

Not exactly sure if you were asking me directly but the deleted pictures were of a heavily corroded spring (may have snapped too).
Regardless of what was that picture I still firmly believe the choice of changing your suspension should depend on your priorities and what you want to do with the car (where will you be driving it)
Secondly, I also believe in this world you do get what you pay for.
And yes you can’t guarantee that a spring wont chip. my front left Ohlins have two chips but I honestly this was due to my excursion on gravel at donnington park. I treated that with hamerite and keep an eye on it.