Missing bolts from rear bumper? ND

1. My model of MX-5 is: ND2 RF 1.5
  2. I’m based near: Hampshire
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Do I have missing bolts?

Would anyone mind taking a look at their ND and seeing if the lower black plastic part of their rear bumper is bolted to the bracket to the body that goes under the crash bar? Mine looks like it’s missing 2 bolts, but they don’t seem to be critical, so maybe they’re not meant to be fitted

1 Like

I’m chasing some annoying clunks/rattles from the back of the car over bumpy roads. It’s definitely not the hubs because they were changed 6 months ago. I’m 99% sure it’s not the exhaust or any of the heat shields. I’ve not noticed any obvious steering effect from the back of the car over bumps.

Hi M-L, on my ND (30AE soft top) each of the two plastic bumper brackets are secured with a plastic body-trim clip, similar to the ones which hold the front wheel arch liners in place.

2 Likes

These show that it is the same part.
FENDER & WHEEL APRON PANELS [01/02] | Mazda MX-5 Europe 11.2017 | Parts Catalogs | PartSouq
REAR BUMPER [01/02] | Mazda MX-5 Europe 11.2017 | Parts Catalogs | PartSouq

B45A-56-146A

:heart:

1 Like

Thanks guys. I popped into my local dealer on my way home earlier. Confirmed part # 56-852B (which maps to B45A-56-146A). They want £7 for a pair :rofl:

Would this yellow number suggest it’s a replacement bumper, or is it a marking from the factory?

A couple of photos of mine of the relevant area, which is the original bumper from new. One shows freehand white crayon marks (difficult to get a good camera shot), which appear to read “1/29”, followed by a squiggly line. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Just double check the ref numbers, I reckon you want these below (pack of 10)
I used this company a few times for any clips required.

3 Likes

Thanks @AMA-NorthYorks - I guess they must be factory markings
Thanks @MickAP - Just ordered a pack that should keep me going for a while :slight_smile:

2 Likes