Mk 1 restoration project

Its great to see another work in progress although you are much further ahead than me , I have really only scratched the surface on mine … I had some problems after charging the battery when the Thatcham 2 immobiliser failed to recognise the key fob and I couldn’t start the car , I decided to search for the immobiliser and remove it to save future problems and it only took me 7 minutes to find it , remove it and reconnect the ignition wires … Job done but it begs the question … What good is it if I could start the car within 7 minutes , it certainly wouldn’t stop the car being stolen if someone wanted it .
This car is actually for my wife as I already have the blue MX5 and to keep her happy I thought it best to clean up the faded pink paintwork first so she can see what it could look like when its done … You have to keep the wife happy after all !
I have posted a couple of before and after photos to show what a few drops of T-Cut can do . I haven’t done all of the car yet as I have had some fences to rebuild after the high winds we have had here … I think she doesn’t look too bad apart from the plastic bumpers which will need respraying and I have to deal with a dent in the front bumper which was hidden by the number plate but I’m hoping a heat gun will help me sort that out .

1 Like