Mk 2.5 Rear pads

Evening, all
I have been advised that the pads on our 1800cc Mk2.5 (2005) needs replacing.
I see MX5Parts are offering pads from £9.40 to £61.88. Now, I’m no genius but I can work out there’s a big difference here. Can anyone suggest a decent set?
if it helps …we don’t drive any of our sports cars as if we stole them but we do like a car to slow or stop when we ask it to.

I would have gone with Ultimax myself if I were buying from there. Had some for my Mk1 a few years ago.
Try Eurocarparts or Carparts4less I’ve used there Pagid pads on my Mk3 rears. Don’t forget to use the discount codes.:+1:

How many miles have they done? Just curious as I’m on original rear pads on my 2.5 after 60k ish miles.

Hi
Thanks for quick response.
Must admit I never heard of Pagid before.
The pads are 15 years old and the car has done 54, 900 from new.

1 Like

We’ve fitted a few sets of Pagid pads and discs from ECP to a friends VWs which have clocked up serious mileages (300k + between them) and they have been excellent. As far as I’m aware they are a major OE supplier and I’m always happy to use them. Recently fitted them on the back of the Mazda.
JS

So have you looked at the condition of the pads? Mine are original, older and done more miles bit still plenty of meat on them. What are the discs like?

Just to add to my reply above…
I’ve noticed more dust from the pads now than before. Ferodo discs/pads front original discs/Pagid pads rear.
The original pads I’m guessing were genuine Mazda pads, hardly any dust from them. Mazda pads were great and long lasting but check the prices out, make your choice. Whether they are of the same material now, who knows but I suppose they could be worth the extra £’s?

Agree entirely with Mick’s post and in addition.
I use Pagid on a Mazda 2 OEM quality.
Ferodo on my 5.
Just a tip, Ferodo list FDP and FSL pads.
FDP is the Original Fitment quality pad which they use as OEM.
FSL are the aftermarket which are probably the same, marketing and all that.(spoke with them).
Link attached if you wish to use Ferodo. Pagid and all the others have them too.

1 Like

Morning, all
I had another MX5 owner come and have a look and he thought the discs were fine and the pads little more than 1/2 way down. As we use the car so little and don’t drive “on the brakes” I’m going to leave well alone and have pads and discs replaced together at a later date. Let me thank you all for your advice - I shall certainly bear it in mind when doing the job.
Best regards

1 Like