MK 2 NB1 to MK 2.5 NB2 front facelift

Good Evening,

I have just performed a front end facelift on my 1999 NB1 using a NB2 front bumper and Headlights. I manufactured a new loom with relays to connect to the side light and main/dip beam this together with the indicators are all working perfectly.

I note however that simply connecting the headlamp levelling motors using the NB1 wiring loom and NB2 connectors does not work. Checking the wiring diagrams for both MX5 variants they differ.

I was wondering if there is a simple wiring mod I can perform to get the motors running, can anyone provide help or a contact?

Thanks

Regards

Nic Cox 

You need to check both wiring diagrams, including switch action, and which is positive and which is negative, and check your connections at the NBFL levelling connectors - you may have connected them incorrectly? I have an NBFL wiring manual, so if you need that page, PM me and include your email address, and I’ll send it to you. (A lot clearer than Mellens, if you are using their circuits for reference?) - I don’t have an NB manual, so can’t help with that. I’ve generally assume both models use the same base wiring, but can’t confirm that.