mk 3 radio not working

hi

got a mk3 with a standard head unit

the unit has suddenly decided not to work any longer, there is nothing being displayed on it

and radio and cd does not work

i have checked the “room” fusein the engine bay  and the audio fuse on the fuse box inside the car and they are fine

i have ejected and can put a cd into it , but apart from inserting and ejecting it nothing else happens

there appears to be a slight whirring sound every 5-10 seconds coming from the unit

it sounds like a cd being read although there isnt a cd in it and taking the audio fuse out does not make it stop

(by the way , i dont have an autochanger)

any help / advice would be great as i no longer have any idea what to do

thanks

Sounds like fault with the unit, I’d get a replacement used one or an exchange unit from Mazda via a dealer. A used one would probably be cheaper.

hi
ok thanks
thought it might come to that

for reference for other members…
if i put a cd into the machine, it accepts it (although there is no power on the unit),
and the noise stops, still nothing else works though
so guess its cd related somehow, anyway now off to look at fleabay and see if theres any second hand ones

Is it a Bose or non-Bose?

I have a couple of Bose units taking up space

hi
unfortuntaely its non bose

paul

Hi. I’ve a 2007 Mk 3 with a “Standard” audio unit. It’s taken to loosing the LCD display lately whereby neither the clock or radio station is displayed. It was intermittent and seem to be linked to the daytime temperature particularly if the roof was down and a hot day but now will display correctly when first started, in the garage, but disappears completely when the radio station is changed. I presume that the problem lies with the LCD and wonder if this can be replaced or is it going to be a new/replacement radio etc? Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Hi,
I have a standard head unit you can have, taken out of my 2009 mk3

Thank you Ruberdub and PM sent.

1 Like

Replied to PM :+1:t2:

Hi, did anybody come up with a solution to this?
My 2009 BOSE has just started intermitently not displaying anything on the lcd display (back light is still working)
Sometimes it displays the time (frozen) and other times perfectly ok…
Unless it’s the unusually hot weather at the min?
Thanks.
David