Mk 4 1.5 Nd Mapping or chipping

Hi has anyone had remap or re chipped a Mk4 1.5, or had a BBR remap if so is it worth it?

YES.Travelled from Blackpool to BBR in Brackley. Worth every penny of the £600 for a remap. So much better for overtaking, motorway driving, and accelerating away from those that like to attempt to get past a little red two seater

1 Like

Dave, how has the re-map affected the fuel economy? I currently get late 40s into early 50s overall - but would also like extra ooomph! If the hit isn’t too big would deffo consider a tune up! 

Hi and sorry to jump on the thread with my 2.0 car but I am too considering a BBR map. My question is to those who have a remap what happens at dealer service does it get overwritten when they plug in diagnostics? Thanks T

Ideally before and definitely after BBR remap use super unleaded. I’m still averaging 48 mpg. My car has been serviced at main dealer and not affected remap. I did declare to Insurance company and pay an extra £40 p.a, although I have been told that remap is not apparent( except when you drive the car)

1 Like

Other company’s do mk4 re maps…in fact said company has been thrashing said cars for last 3+ years as development 

and cheaper…

Wondering about doing this myself instead of turbo charged, as i’m worried about the gearbox crapping itself. @Dave276 How much quicker is it compared to stock would you think?