Mk 4 service in essex

My ND RF is due its 2nd year service in the next 4 weeks. I am in southend on sea but dont mind taking it for a short trip to a good mazda workshop. Any recommendations.

Allan at Bulpan service station. Info on all the club emails

1 Like

I have heard good things about this place. will not using a main dealer affect my warranty.

Alan is excellent, but I don’t think he does the on-line service update, check with him when you talk.

1 Like

Thanks Countryboy, I will call him on Monday.

Only if they don’t use genuine Mazda parts. However I think the paint inspection needs to be carried out by a main dealer.

In the 1990s there was a case in law where it was decided a manufacturer was not allowed to enforce main dealer servicing in order to retain warrantee. You do however have to provide evidence that all parts are of OEM specifications, they DO NOT have to be genuine parts but must meet the specification set out my the dealer in question. A stamp and receipt from a reputable garage is enough proof in its self, no self respecting garage would theoretically ignore a manufacturers guidelines and expertise.
By forcing you to pay main dealer prices in order to retain warrantee would be nothing short of blackmail, and monopolising on business is strictly monitored in the world today.
Some dealers will wriggle and try it on still today, but stand your ground and they collapse quickly.