MK2.5 Euphonic update 6 weeks

Well I’ve had my first MX5 now for almost 6 weeks and really enjoying it. Have done a few things to her in that time and got some updated pictures after some good TLC. 

Below is what I’ve done so far. Lol

• New cobalt air filter kit
  • New cobalt exhaust (back silencer)
  • Android double din head unit
  • New door speakers (Old ones had fallen apart)
  • Tonneau cover for folded down roof
  • Wheel alignment done by Wheels in Motion (Fast road setup)
  • New Michelin tires all round (Old ones some rubbish budget tires)
Looking forward to attending the upcoming events with West London Group and meeting more of you. 

Regards,

John

Looks a really nice example - enjoy your MX5. 

Nice. You would appear to have polished it somewhat, as well.

Hi John, thanks for sharing those excellent pics of your car  it looks really nice. With the hood down and the tonneau fitted, it really finishes off these cars. My previous NC1 roadster always looked a bit odd in that dept, as you cannot fit one, leaving gaping holes at the side. I did buy the side pieces that cover those holes but it’s not as neat as a proper tonneau cover. I love red mx5’s too  enjoy it!

Barrie

You can’t beat a shiny red sports car, especially the MX-5. Looks great.

Very clean looking car, one of the few cars that really does suit red!!

I think I may have spotted a speck of road dirt on the tread of one tyre.

Tut tut… 

Simply WOW! That looks stunning mate! Looks like you’ve bagged one of the good mk2’s! Is the car red or orange?? That paint looks lush…the metallic is really popping and looks about a mile deep! Amazing finish, really loving that!

But yeah, youve left a spec of dirt on the treadblock! Lmao  just kidding!

Thanks for the nice comments all. 

Really getting use to the car now and have had couple other bits fixed on her now. Had the center console off to take a look at, and fix the shifter turret area, since the rubber seal had seen better days.

Also had to have the front brakes looked at as the front driver side calliper had started to seize. So two new callipers fitted and new disc and pads. This also got rid of the last bit of vibration I was getting at around 70 mph.

Next thing to look at is changing the diff and gearbox oil as no idea if that has been changed before or not. Also need to investigate a noise I can hear from the rear with the roof up. Sounds like fuel pump area as behind passage seat by rear window area. When roof is down you can’t really hear it.

Thanks,

John