Mk2.5 Headlights upgrade

1. My model of MX-5 is: __ 2004 MK2.5 1.8
  2. I’m based near: __ Southampton
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __ Headlights brightness

Hi all,
any recommendations on upgrading the headlights on my car. With the nights drawing in and weather turning I’ve noticed that although they work, my dipped beams aren’t very bright. Are there any particular bulbs that anyone would recommend? Also, any indication of how easy they are to swap out. Is it something I could do myself with limited skill or shall I seek a garage to fit them?

Cheers, Eddie.

Have a look at PIAA bulbs, always found them to be so much better.

Okay I’ll have a look thanks. Any idea on the best place to get them from because from where I’m looking they mainly seem to be available in the US?

Hi
Take a look at Philips White Vision, or Osram Night breaker bulbs, you can get them online or on Ebay

1 Like

If I remember correctly PIAA are based near Weston Super Mare area www.piaa.co.uk.
Before you do that have a look to see if the front plastic (glass) of the head light has gone milky or is looking dull. If they are not clear and bright you will need to restore them to stop the light refracting. Once completed then go for good bulbs the difference is massive.

Osram night breaker bulbs in my 2.5. Make a big difference

2 Likes

Have a look www.piaa.co.uk

There’s even a recommended bulb by vehicle chart. Probably the best conventional bulbs available.
Compatible with plastic reflectors and plastic lenses.