Mk2 roof reapirs

Does any one know of a local roof repairer for MX5s.

Looks like its not folding back correctly, I believe the fabric brace has detached on the inside so it is not tucking in correctly. It still goes up and down but does not sit right.

Looking if anyone can recommend anywhere close to Derby.

Thanks

Terry

Hi Terry

It sounds like it is something you could sort yourself buddy…

This is a full strip down and re fit so it should help you with whats wrong and what needs doing…shout if need be.

http://www.mazdamenders.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=7087

M-m

Hi Terry

The MK2 roof frame has three metal bows that operate to support the roof material. The very front bow should be directly attached to the roof material. The middle bow floats and the rear bow has two straps rivetted to it that are held in place by the metal side pieces that anchor the rainrail at the base of the roof at the back if the parcel shelf area. It sounds like one or both of the straps at the back has broken away?

Anyone with involvement with softtops or the MX5 should be able to assist with this, although if you want to have a go yourself, assuming this is a basic problem, happy to advise.     

I recently watched a vidoefrom mazmania of the guy putting a new roof on a MK2, that bit was fine but the way he took the old roof off gave me the fear - stanley knife & some liberal slaching & cutting!