mk3 6 speed gear knob wanted please

Mine is tatty so I’m hoping someone has swapped out for theirs for a posh one.

I like originality 

Regards

-Steve 

If you don’t have any luck Steve.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Speed-Manual-PU-Leather-Gear-Stick-Shift-Knob-For-Mazda-3-5-6-CX-7-MX-5-/382897531897?hash=item592678abf9

Barrie

Thanks Barrie, the ring looks chrome in the pictures, but the trims inside mine are brushed.
Looks like a good second choice if I cant find one. Thanks for posting.

I spent a good while looking for a replacement MK3 gear knob and couldn’t find anything of a reasonable price for a new one. In the end I bought one of these and absolutely love it.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=172822988811&_sacat=0

Hi, thanks but the link takes me to the ebay home page.

modified the link

Sorry, was a quick post. The EBay item number is 172822988811 and was found after I did some research into manufacturers and vehicles which had same 6 speed pattern and same thread size as the mk3. You might be able to find some others.

Nice weight, looks sporty without being over top and reminds me of my old S2000 ??

I bought one of the eBay knobs as mine was a little tatty. I didn’t expect too much but was actually really impressed.

Then, in a fit of boredom, I stripped the old one and cleaned up the metal ring and painted it in a brush aluminium finish. I think it’s really smart but it doesn’t match the chrome elsewhere in the car. The old one has some rub markings to the leather, it’s from a 69k miles car, but it feels nice. If your’e interested I can pm a pic or two? im sure we could work something out if it’s what you are looking for.

Thanks for the link. I really like it, now if the numbers were blue… :slight_smile:

The trim ring is the only bad bit on mine, a blast with a hair dryer and it came apart
so I will paint it and see how it looks first.

Cheers now…

The numbers on that gear knob are recessed so you could easily repaint them any colour you’d like. 

Or if you can’t find a 6 speed knob get a 5 speed and swap the gear markings, as in the link below.

http://www.glasgowdave.com/?p=41

I currently have a pool ball size billet alloy one in the car, I like it but have pulled the trigger and bought the one I linked to, off the bay of E.  At less than a tenner delivered, I thought it was worth a punt  will report back as to weight, feel, quality etc. although at that pric I’m not expecting too much TBH. You never know though 

Barrie

Ok, so I was surprised to find the trim ring us actually a soft metal (prob aluminium)

It was already in pieces so no masking was needed.

So P500 grit first to remove all the scratches 

then P800 grit,

then P1000 grit,

then P1500 grit 

then P2000 grit

then some autosol metal polish,

then some Brasso.  About a half hour all in.

It looks mint again now, screwed and glued back in place.

Hi
Are you still looking for MK3 NC1 6 speed gear knob?
I have one available, it’s in good condition give me a fair price.
Kind Regards
Graham Walker