MK3.75 driver's door light switch wiring

I’ve had neither the time nor the weather to dismantle the front of the cabin to get at all the connectors, unfortunately. I hadn’t noticed it but the light for the ignition switch is off in mine too.

I had the tiniest bit of water come through the passenger side scuttle grommet in howling horizontal rain some time at the end of the summer, but not enough to cause any damage as I happened to spot the water before the carpet was wet. That got gunged the following day.

When I get some spare time and the weather for it (I have no garage!), I’ll put some effort in to finding the problem…

I am on it today. Half of the car is dismantled

1 Like

Car is stripped down and I have realised I ain’t got a clue. Checked fuse box cannot see any sign of leaks from from it. My main problem.is not having a light so I might run a wire from working side to duff side and bodge it

I am in the motortrade and one of my mates is a Service Leader at Mazda. Only just found out!

Anyway I have told him the problem and he has spoken to Mazda technical and they have suggested it could be an issue with the ignition switch. Taking it down next week for them to have a look

2 Likes

Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of this issue? I too have exactly the same problem, although I suspect I shorted something when adding additional footwell lighting.

Sorry I never found the issue. I made a bypass of the wiring to make the interior light work. It’s still a mystery

1 Like