Mk3 lowering - specific question please

2006 Mk3 2.0 with yellow shocks (presume Bilstein)

I’ve read a lot about fitting Eibach lowering springs (30mm) to my Mk3. Read that they don’t work well with the Yellow shocks but cant find any first hand experience.

So has anyone got actual experience of fitting the Eibach 30mm kit WITH the yellow (Bilstein) shocks please?

Thanks

Hi, yes I did it myself on my ‘06 sport. Stripped shocks and springs out and a good clean, derust, paint, actually cleaned the yellow Bilsteins and repainted, then swapped springs. All really straightforward, just careful with spring compressors. Firstly, when done it looks so much better. Only ever had one issue with a tall speed bump (I went -30mm), otherwise no grounding issues. I also switched the ARB’s for RX8 yellow spot at same time along with four new tyres and alignment at roddisons.

So, two benefits, how it looks and how it drives, it is now really planted, but I don’t feel I had to sacrifice any element of ride or comfort. Cheap job too…

go ahead, it is a well worthwhile and easily done job for an amateur mechanic.

Hi
I fitted 30mm Eibachs to my 07 2.0sport PRHT 4 years ago. Did it primarily for appearance sake to lose that 4x4 arch gap.
Bonus was it feels so much more planted and no noticeable sacrifice in ride quality or comfort. I did get occasional grounding over tall speed bumps so I just make a point of slowing down for them and not straddling them. Ideally a set of fully adjustable coilovers would allow ride height to be set a few mm higher to clear the speed bumps but personally don’t think I could justify the expense just to be able to clear speed bumps.

Hi
I fitted 30mm Eibachs to my 07 2.0sport PRHT 4 years ago. Did it primarily for appearance sake to lose that 4x4 arch gap.
Bonus was it feels so much more planted and no noticeable sacrifice in ride quality or comfort. I did get occasional grounding over tall speed bumps so I just make a point of slowing down for them and not straddling them. Ideally a set of fully adjustable coilovers would allow ride height to be set a few mm higher to clear the speed bumps but personally don’t think I could justify the expense just to be able to clear speed bumps.