Mk3 mx5 2.0 service details

I’m thinking of haveing a change from my mk1 for a mk3 2.0 sport so before I call the guy up whom is selling it I would like to know service intervals what should have been done oil Ect and cam belt or is it a chain car is a 2006 year also anything else to ask about the car as its located a long distance from myself

Every 12.5K, no cambelt it is a chain on the MZR (1.8 and 2.0 engines are essentially the same bar a few subtle differences).

The owners manual features a page somewhere within it about servicing in regards to replacement or inspection of X or Y.  

Service schedules are available for download in the Downloads section under the Technical heading. The iridum tipped spark plugs are probably the biggest single expense with regard servicing, they are due at 62,500 miles.

Yes NGK plugs can be had from a factor for about £40 or off eBay for less if you keep an eye open. Brakes don’t last very long so check discs and pads all round and the rears in particular for rust. The inner disc faces are always worse that what you can see but again not too expensive from a factor if you diy. The other biggy with Sport in particular is tyres which are circa £100 a corner give or take £20 for premium or budget. Ideally you’ll be asking him for all receipts as, with exception of the earliest 2005 cars, there are no paper service records as Mazda went to digital service records. You can get what’s available from a Mazda dealer.

Hi, re the electronic service history. If serviced by Mazda they usually print out the whole history and put in sleeve in back of service book after each service. There are no stamps as such, but anyone authorised to service (e.g Halfords & independents) can add to Mazda’s electronic history, which should mean no excuses for lack of history on a 2006 car.

I have the same problem.

My MX5 Sport Tech (87,000 miles) has a zero service history according to Mazda.

But there are a couple of MOTs that are warning (but only things like tyres that are low, various bushes, etc), but the only MOT fail was a main bulb blown.

MOT done within a day.

It doesn’t smoke and doesn’t have any steering problems, so it clearly has been serviced, just not by main Mazda, as this has clearly been more expensive.

So what do I need to do? It’s due to have a new clutch (accelerating at 70+ mph, it just started slipping, so the warranty of the clutch repaired stopped at 80,000 miles.
That was clearly why it was easy to find!

Are there any ideas? Basically, I need to know what I can do for myself, and what needs an engineer…