MK4 Ceramic White Recaro Edition

Looking very nice Mannginger, like the photos, what type of camera do you use?

I’d love to say they’re mine but they’re from other people,.

The first is from DanJ: https://www.flickr.com/photos/danjamafotos/
2nd from Fat Bear: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fatbearphotography/

Cheers

Phil

Love the look of your modified car.

My local dealer has a std car in the showroom and he has offered me a very good deal to swap out my mk3.5 if I sign up before the end of the month. Going back to have another look later today and may well be driving a Recaro in the next few days…watch this space!

Do it!

If you fit the Recaro’s (they can be a tight fit for those over a certain weight size), go for it. It’s a fabulous car to drive and I personally think it’s one of the best looking cars on the road, if not, in its price bracket. 

Mannginger, would love to meet up sometime, get see your car in the flesh, hear it and get your views. 

I hate to sound negative but does having all those mods done invalidate the warranty on the car?

Personally, not a fan of black wheels on any car. Smoked chrome I can just about accept, but each to their own. If you like it then go for it.

I think I might invest in a CG-Lock though. That does look like a good piece of kit.

I’d say it’s almost certain that the drive-train warranty is invalidated by this work so I have taken out a full drive train warranty with BBR (£400 for 3 years)

On the CG Lock, interestingly I couldn’t get it to stay attached to the ND seat-belt, it’s almost as though the belt buckle is now too fat to allow decent grip. The company also seem to have stopped production in favour of something called a SHOFT (http://shoft.co.uk/). Good news is it’s half the price and you get 2 of them in comparison to the CG Lock (CGLock was c£50). I’m not convinced it’s going to be as effective but for £12.50 a seat I can accept say 70-80% of the effectiveness . I’ve not put it on the car yet so feedback will follow this weekend.

Re the wheels, definitely each to their own, I think they work and I generally prefer darker wheels to normal silver, that said my Dad hates them!

Phil

Thanks Phil. Will have a look at the SHOFT device. I was a bit surprised at the £50 price tag for the CG-Lock although it was probably worth the money.

Whoops missed this before. Sure always happy to meet with a fellow petrolhead! Whereabouts are you located? I’ve not actually made it to an OC events yet despite this being my 3rd MX5.

Phil

Ok - so went shopping for garden furniture yesterday afternoon and came back home with a pair of Recaros…

Well almost, collect them next week as they come with their very own transport device…  

Outstanding. White or red?

Theres a few of us Recaro owners in the south Oxfordshire/Berkshire region, so maybe a meet up in a couple of weeks, although can only do Sunday’s, due to work. 

Oh that’s close enough. Sure let’s see if we can make that work then. I’ve got a few holidays coming up but should be able to do a Sunday morning blat / lunch / chat at some point!

White  

Sure will, there will be atleast 4 of us, including a dodgy coloured Red Recaro! 

Nice ne Cricket, enjoy. 

Sunday 17th April?

Pm sent. 

Bye bye Kuro 1.8  :-(

Hello Recaro  :-)

Hi Guys,

Have recently picked up a Soul Red Recaro (and already been down to BBR with it) I would be interested in joining the get together.

Ah you must be Stuart right? Lovely looking car!