Mk4 v THe Fiat 124 Spider

Pay your subscription and you can turn up in an Austin Allegro 

But will he have to park away from the action?

1 Like

Hello Burton

It is great to know that snow is not forecasted for Sheffield  August 7.

May & June have been almost rain free in the Lune valley, July starts with no foreseeable rain.

August is monsoon month in Lancashire/Cumbria, reservoirs will be replenished. 

It will surely be drier in Yorkshire?  See you on the night, I shall not need the curry,

Regards

Keith

ps Thank you for the PM

Don’t see why,  it’s the person who’s the member, not the car, that’s just a means of transport.

1 Like

Personally i think this statement is a load of ■■■■ if i wanted one i would buy one simple as 

for me i dont like the styling (each to there own) 

i cant fit in one comfortably because there to small for me 

and also i wanted a power roof that completely folded away as i dont like soft tops

and just to finish off if i had to ram myself in one it would be the 124 because i like the chunky looks more 

were all different thou but green eyed im certainly not 

beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the ND versus 124 is a great example of this. Ive only just got my car and tried both. In my deeply subjective view having tried both the ND is beautiful, drives wonderfully and the 124 looks like a cut and shut MX5 that has been roughly converted by Pimp My Ride with lurid colours and bloated bodywork - front especially and silly monza 4 pipe exhaust. I parked my ND next to an Abarth the other day and was amazed at how much better the ND looked - and ITS SO MUCH CHEAPER!!!

i absolutely expect others to disagree which is how it should be.

Never tried an NC but i am 185cm tall and 108kg and find the ND very comfy. To be fair if I was 186cm tall my head would touch the roof.

Certainly true that the ND is a far prettier car than the 124. But there is something about a 124 in Abarth trim with the black bonnet that makes it stand out from the crowd.

Personally I like Lurid colour schemes and the 4 pipe exhaust. Screams look at me. It’s probably why I fell for a Mk3 kuro with its go faster stripes ??

Like it or loath it as some people clearly do. I wish Mazda had the bottle to make a mazdaspeed equivalent of the ND.

Looking forward to it, and the curry
James

Great to get up close and personal with the Fiat and to see some of the finer details that the designers have done better than Mazda. Personal opinion here, the more you look at it the nicer it looks. A few bits I don’t like but then there are some bits on the ND that could be better. If you want to know what’s better, tough, you should have been there.

There may be some things about the MX-5 in all it’s guises that Paul Roddinson doesn’t know about, doubt if anybody has found what they are though.

Thanks to Burton for organising, Greg for bringing his Spider and letting us all crawl all over it and Paul for a most entertaining and informative evening.

Indus restaurant highly recommended, will be going back if we are in the area. To top it all off Paul Roddinson insisted on buying the beers. Top bloke.

I’ll look forward to more tech evenings like this, don’t even care if Paul is stripping down a vacuum cleaner, it will still be fun.

Thanks again

Paul

I’ll stick with my classic 40 year old Kirby. Made out of solid metal not plastic and I can repair and service it myself.