Mohair soft top

Hi, I have a mk3.5 and am looking for advice on cleaning the top and removing stubborn marks
Many thanks neil from Doncaster

Depends on the type of marks you need to remove. Most of the propriety soft top cleaners will remove normal marks, for mould moss etc then use diluted Milton. Use a tooth brush or nail brush to get into the seams or on any bad areas. You may need some work to remove ingrained dirt from the woven fabric so a pressure washer on a low setting at about 1m should be ok. You can then use a wet vac attachment on a carpet cleaner to remove all the water and any residue. Allow to dry completely. Finally seal with whatever you fancy, again there are lots of proprietary things like Fabsil etc.

1 Like

I give mine a good wet-vac to get the loser stuff off and then scrub using the Renovo cleaner with a small nail brush to give it a good scrub and wet vac the excess off. Doesnt look like new but looks pretty good after.

1 Like

Pretty much the same as above, Milton fluid (weak mixture with water) or any shampoo, baby shampoo or car shampoo can be used for really stubborn mark, use a toothbrush to get to difficult areas like down below the apron line. I just use a microfiber cloth to clean mine once it’s completely wet.

2 Likes