MOT & Stuff

SO the yearly worry, will it pass? Watch this space !! Also getting rid of those abominable poly bushings on back suspension!! Hopefully it will not behave like a buck’n’bronco from now on!! MOT should :sweat: be a doddle?
Wish me luck?
Alan H

Yeah, good luck.

Mine just sailed through with the tester who last year gave me a heap of advisories on the entire suspension, remarking “looks like you’ve spent a fortune”.

1 Like

Just had mine fail on binding brakes on the rear and a small amount of binding on the front, having to get hold of 3 new calipers with the sliding pins! kicking myself because i fixed a binding caliper on the front passenger side not too long ago and checked the others when the car was cold and thought I was good.
The tester did say he hasnt seen an MX-5 with as little rust as mine for a long time so I’m beaming with that news!

1 Like

SHE PASSED!! Wow!! It walked it!!! OK, a wee bit of floor rust, will get that checked out, but everything else OK. Big relief, in saying that apart from worrying about rust, most everything else has been renewed, nice to know it was worth it!
Alan H

Yep! All done a wee bit at a time, biggest problem now is, I cannot do any heavy lifting, so any other work could be a lot more expensive. Bodywork needs some attention, but summer is soon enough. Thanks.
Alan H