Motor Easy Warranty Plan

Has anyone signed up and used Motor Easy Warranty for their MX5.

Would anyone recommend or not?

I honestly know nothing about them apart from what I have read on trustpilot.

The thing I take away from the reviews good or bad is that they use Halfords to do some of the work. That could be a problem for some

How old is your car and what’s your greatest concern from a warranty perspective?

The car is 10 years old in September 2020. It has only done 31K miles and in excellent condition, with full Mazda service history.

I have no real concerns about a warranty as I have never had an extended warranty on a car before but just wondered out of interest of peoples experiences with the warranty companies, and would it be worth considering.

For what it’s worth, I have never taken a warranty out on a car but for just the one time. That was sort of forced on me, pressure selling (they must have caught me at a weak time) I don’t normally bend to that sort of thing. The price was discounted, they all try that on, to give me a warranty for two years on a four year old car.
The aircon system had suffered damage (stone damage apparently) and after speaking with the warranty company that particular part wasn’t covered for damage just failure. It cost me just as much to have the repair done as it cost for warranty cover, over £300.
TBH it was the first time I’ve took out a warranty on a car and it failed to produce any pay out when needed. I’ve got by without usually anything like that, been lucky I suppose, never bother with them normally.
The Mazdas are pretty reliable, had three now and all have been good, no major failures just the odd minor niggles soon fixed for a few pounds if needed.

I did take a Motor Easy warranty in year 4 of my first ND ownership, only interested in covering the power train (some gearbox uncertainty on some of the earlier cars).

On a 10 year old NC I wouldn’t bother, especially if it’s a soft top.

Before you commit to buying an add-on warranty of any sort I suggest you read it fully, including the small print, THEN read it again as if your were the insurer and see what “wriggle room” you can find.

1 Like

From my experience they are all a load of crap.
Had one once and researched one this year for my daughter’s car.
Not worth it is the short answer.
They all have limits and as above posts they WILL wiggle and try and get out of it.
Best to put the money away each month in an eventuality of a repair that may be needed.(Don’t touch the pot for routine servicing mind).
My MX5 hasn’t needed anything doing to it anyway. :+1:
Just an opinion. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One of the reasons I’m looking at the RF is because I don’t want to pay out for a big warranty cover once the car is 3 years old. I did a quote for my current Audi and they want over £600 per year! I wouldn’t want to keep this car out of warranty, if just the s-tronic gearbox goes boom it’s at least £8,000 to change it. I see it as 3 years of cover = £1,800 (if it stayed the same £ each year for 3 years) so I may as well use that £1,800 now and get something newer and still in warranty!