MX-5 Mk4 ND Reversing Camera Kits *** No longer available ****

Thanks Chris. Appreciated. :grinning:

1 Like

I normally use Royal Mail signed for delivery but these items need to be taken to a Post Office counter for scanning. While this does fall within the UK government guidelines as permitted under social distancing limiting contact as much as possible is the better option.

My closest Post Office is in the next village attached to a Coop branch and pharmacy. If I need essential shopping then I will combine dispatch of any kits sold with a shopping trip. If not I will be using Hermes who will collect from my safe storage location next working day.

We are all in it together and need to do whatever we can to minimise the risk for everyone.

1 Like

Paul,
Fitted camera today and it works fine. It took about 1.5 hours. Thought I would post to say thanks and I am pleased with result. Hopefully no reversing into low lying obstacles.

2 Likes

Careful. There’s somebody standing behind the car. :grin:

Like the red stripe on the aero kit. Is that an Icon?

Your position for the camera is a lot better than where Mazda usually put it! Very nice.

1 Like

Paul,
No. It is a Recaro. It also runs along the side skirts and front skirt. Quite simple but neat. I bought the car from my son when he bought a 30th Anniversary. He put the stripes on.
My brother has a white ND Icon with the red stripe, so they look similar but mine is Ceramic.
That’s what you call keeping it in the family.

2 Likes

Think you just need someone in the family to go for an Arctic and you’ll have the full set of ND specials.

Hi R, YHM.
:heart:

1 Like

Had to Google what YHM means. Various answers.

1 Yankee Hill Machine. Manufacturers of among other things the AR15 rifle. Could do with one of those for the covidiots not sticking to the guidelines.

2 Indian drama with title that translates to ‘This Is Love’. If you love my kits that much then thank you.

3 Your Health Matters. A nice thought at the moment that we should all remember.

4 You have mail. Think that might be the one as my avatar at the top of the page has a green dot. Message received and now YHM too.

Incidentally I do have kits available for dispatch by Hermes. Collection and delivery both under social distancing guidelines.

Stay safe everyone.

2 Likes

Paul,
Afraid I only have one other son and although he had an NB a fair few years ago, I do not see him getting another MX-5. He is a Porsche driver. I did try to tell him he was being out of step with rest of family but it didn’t stop him. (Have to admit his 911 is a really mean machine)

2 Likes

Hi Roadie,
Camera arrived today,well packed. I had been a little apprehensive about fitting the kit and taking my new car to bits not mention drilling the bumper!! With the clear instructions it was absolutely straight forward. All up and running no problems . Thank you for a good value bit of kit, well worth fitting.
Mike

3 Likes

Thanks Mike. Always good to hear that everything went well. Happy to help if anyone has any problems too. I got a real buzz when my prototype was up and running. Nice to be able to help others get that feeling too.

:grinning:

Just had an enjoyable few hours in the garage fitting the camera. It really is very easy to fit and the instructions are very good as well. The most difficult job was removing the n/s rear number plate light!
All I need now is lockdown to be lifted so I can use it, not really that interesting or useful looking at the inside of the garage door on the screen!
Thanks R, another recommendation from a very satisfied customer.

3 Likes

Surprised you had trouble removing he number plate light, nobody else has reported difficulties there. If that was harder than getting the cable from the cabin to the boot then you must have stuck lucky and got that one first shot. Took me about a quarter of an hour to get through there. Thanks for the recommendation, always appreciated.

:grinning:

1 Like

Yes I was surprised as well. The number plate light was difficult as I did not want to put a metal screwdriver near my paintwork as I am full aware of how gormless I can be. Plus I do not have any plastic trim tools as yet, they are somewhere in limbo between China and Filey. I used my fingers and a thick tie wrap end, my finger ends are a little sore this evening.
Cabin to boot was a breeze, I put my LED work light in the boot and aimed my stick at the small white glow. I did remove the rear boot trim so I could get my hand/arm behind the alloy brace to rescue the protruding stick and take it upwards.

1 Like

Absolutely inspired. Brilliant idea. :grinning:

2 Likes

Want to say a massive thank you to Paul for putting together the ND reversing camera kit and sending it out so quickly :clap:. I ordered mine on Friday night, it was delivered at 1:30 on Monday and was fitted and fully operational (including putting the car back together again and stopping for something to eat :yum:) by 4:30 the same day!
Anyone thinking of doing the same, I would fully recommend. :+1:
Couple of observations I made while fitting:
Follow the instructions to the letter, they are excellent.
The vent/hazard light switch trim I found was the trickiest piece to remove but it will “click out” forwards by persuading gently moving from left to right.
Plan the route of the camera cable, watch out for the sharp edges on the metal plate adjacent to the centre console and route the cable behind it. (I have shown this in one of the pictures).
The cutting tool for drilling the hole in the underside of the bumper is perfect for the job, go slow with minimal pressure and it will do its thing.
Do not be phased by seeing the pictures of the ND in pieces :fearful:, it will all “click” back together again seamlessly :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.
Good luck and Thanks again, Michael

Do not be phased by seeing the pictures of the ND in pieces :fearful:

Route the camera cable behind this metal plate, just to avoid the sharp edges :cold_sweat:

I managed to open the lid of the cable box and fitted the camera cable through it😀

2 Likes

Thanks Michael. Prepared the instruction sheet and photos myself and then had them double, double checked. First by someone with first hand experience of preparing technical manuals, second by a nervous non-DIYer. Lots of very useful corrections and suggestions for improvements from both.

Sold around 80 kits to date and no terrified returns or failed installations.

I’ve sold out of the kits now and I’m going to take a break before I make any more. They are fairly labour intensive to produce and sales have tailed of over the past few months. Think I’ve just about flooded the market. When I first started producing them the closest alternative was priced around £150 so my kits were very cost effective. Now the others are at the £100 price point with 10% discount often available so there’s not a lot in it.

I’m doing so well with my wind blocker kits for the ND so I’m concentrating on those at the moment. 58 sold in under two months. I’ve also got an LED boot lip strip kit for the ND coming and hopefully an acrylic wind blocker kit for the NC.

4 Likes

Looking forward to more info on the LED boot lip strip kit. Reversing camera was well worth fitting and works great. :grinning:

2 Likes